Second Skin Audio

how do i fit 12's behind the seat of my single cab s10 that are not shallow mount?

bass4thetruck

There really isn't much room in that truck. A single 12 is my suggestion and I personally like the idea of the mounted in center design. I'm currently running an isobaric push/pull enclosure in my regular cab. The outer sub is inverted, and comes out into the center section of the truck.

D94A2AD1-8CA8-4ABB-BB38-65C989A3F2F2-4125-00000384031155B2.jpg

C102A6E3-1523-426A-A484-ECF2975F35AE-4125-00000383FEC662D6.jpg

I don't suggest at all doing a blowthrough unless you're wanting a SERIOUS project. If you're wanting some bump in your ride, and want to go ported, the 8s that BigMescan posted will do a fantastic job. You can also look into 10s for a ported application. As far as using 12s, I'm curious if you're in the mindset that they hit "lower" or deeper. That's a myth if you believe that. Those little 8s from SA get down and dirty in the low frequencies.

my seat is a bench, there is no open spot in the middle

There really isn't much room in that truck. A single 12 is my suggestion and I personally like the idea of the mounted in center design. I'm currently running an isobaric push/pull enclosure in my regular cab. The outer sub is inverted, and comes out into the center section of the truck.

D94A2AD1-8CA8-4ABB-BB38-65C989A3F2F2-4125-00000384031155B2.jpg

C102A6E3-1523-426A-A484-ECF2975F35AE-4125-00000383FEC662D6.jpg

I don't suggest at all doing a blowthrough unless you're wanting a SERIOUS project. If you're wanting some bump in your ride, and want to go ported, the 8s that BigMescan posted will do a fantastic job. You can also look into 10s for a ported application. As far as using 12s, I'm curious if you're in the mindset that they hit "lower" or deeper. That's a myth if you believe that. Those little 8s from SA get down and dirty in the low frequencies.

i know its about the box but i have no one to help me design one, and i feel like it would be harder to make a good low hitting truck box.

Jeff, yes sir I may be in the 90s. I was trying to go for an SQ setup that really dug the lows, and I achieved it. I had talked to Randal(CablyGuy) about it and he thought it was a worthy idea. That's why I went push/pull with 2 10s. I've gone to 2 12s now and it's got even more authority.

Regular cab S10s don't have shit for room OP. Mt suggestion is 1 or 2 10s ported((with 3" aero ports) into the passenger B-pillar. This all depends on what room you're willing to give up behind the seat.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Jeff, yes sir I may be in the 90s. I was trying to go for an SQ setup that really dug the lows, and I achieved it. I had talked to Randal(CablyGuy) about it and he thought it was a worthy idea. That's why I went push/pull with 2 10s. I've gone to 2 12s now and it's got even more authority.

Regular cab S10s don't have shit for room OP. Mt suggestion is 1 or 2 10s ported((with 3" aero ports) into the passenger B-pillar. This all depends on what room you're willing to give up behind the seat.

i have a shit truck box now for 2 10's and they are independent from each other but they sound like shit and i had 2 shit JBL's and i up graded to one Orion XTR104 i like the sub alot but i just need help designing the box. do you know anyone who could possible help me?

He designs any box. He will charge you, but the box will be worth it. He knows his shit. For a simple truck behind seat box, I don't know if its worth paying for a design. Plenty of guys on this site have built boxes for that same truck, SEVERAL TIMES

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

He designs any box. He will charge you, but the box will be worth it. He knows his shit. For a simple truck behind seat box, I don't know if its worth paying for a design. Plenty of guys on this site have built boxes for that same truck, SEVERAL TIMES

my brother is great at designing them but he is to much of a dick to teach me -.-

Archived