New company Ampere Audio 3500.1 guts

Steve Barber

That's easy.

It's a direct copy of Sundown.

Derp.

Tuned in for the actual facts though.

I got that but im looking for facts or some more details. Like why is this something thats considered a copy when like c-fizzy...9/10 are same build house look almost identical or even have the same board sometimes but different brands...?

the other company does not want to look bad, and does not want to lower they're price so it will be called a copy, rip off, or counterfeit product, when in reality, its most likely the same exact thing coming from the same place with a different label on it. This is exactly how the bulk of the car audio industry works aside from people actually hand tooling or creating things on site, which is rare.

No, its a copy when you are not the originating designer. That doesnt mean the copy cant be as good or better, just that you are using someone else's work as your base. Sometimes its ok, sometimes its expected, and sometimes its frowned upon, or even completely illegal. Depends on the companies involved (may be signed sole-use legal clauses) and people who sell and buy the product(s) in the end, but yes, given the current design and resale paradigm in the audio market its pretty much expected..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

So, for a new unproven company, it seems like an $800 price tag is a bit high compared to other similar amps on the market.

Comments or thoughts about that?

Really? How much is the msrp on a saz3500? $1549... $799 for a high quality zenon based amp is not high. This amp will out perform aq, crescendo, and be on par with the saz3500v2. Now that sundown has moved to a new build house for the v3 does that mean their amps will be unproven?

^I dont know anyone who pays those prices for Sundown stuff but yeah definitely cheaper than the sundown option either way.

Being around the same price as the AQ, nendo, or dc options it will be interesting to see how it stacks up.

Team NorthWestSPL

not AQ guys, but sundown. saz-3500 to be exact. the only thing different that i can notice is the different capacitors (blue cube vs red cylinder) next to the two torrids (on the output section i think?)

9320744a.jpg

top is the sundown 3500

Below is the Crescendo 3500

Crescendo's are also built on a Military grade circuit board, and uses 3% tolerance parts, no one else makes that claim

WP_001147.jpg

3500d.jpg

XS-power1.jpg

So other then price, What does this new company have to offer that the others don't?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

What I know is they will be starting production in a couple weeks. The owner is a good guy that has been in the game for some time and has stressed to me he wants to make sure his customers are happy and will always stand behind his products.

Archived