DD 9510 VS WALLSOCKET!!!

one time at an SPL event I left my car on, and must have hit something leaving the car, my car started playing a tone somewhere in the 20-30 hz area, at full tilt, full clipped signal on my crescendo bc3500d, about 5 minutes later someone said, hey man, your car is on, I said yea it fine from across the parking lot, thinking they were just letting me know it was running, not the stereo, I was at a MIDWESTSPL event and they were giving out awards, about 15 minutes later after the awards were given out, i was walking back to my car, people were standing all around it watching shit flex,lol thats when I realized that mofo was on, I opened the door, you could sure smell that VC glue like a mofo, I shut it down, no damage done, just a good break in and demo flex session session while I was not there , lol

XS-power1.jpg

Someone's gotta give me some cliff's notes on this. All I see is a 26 minute video and my connection is too slow, even on 240p :(

Someone's gotta give me some cliff's notes on this. All I see is a 26 minute video and my connection is too slow, even on 240p :(

its 26 minutes of bbbuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Seriously tho its just a DD sub taking 26 minutes of wall socket punishment

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

You are not supposed to make a vs thread hahaha Joke. The sub took it like a champ for 26 min.

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

I watched the first five minutes, skipped to ten minutes, skipped to twenty minutes, said gawt damn that's a beast sub then skipped to the end to watch it pop.

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

So how much power is it? And that was fun to watch (skip through) haha!

There are so many arguments in the comments section I have no clue.

Some in the comments are saying it was "only" taking 2200 watts, others were saying like 7600 or some shit, not really sure.

Maybe we can figure it out based off of the uploaders comments, it was a dual 1 wired at 2 ohm, 120 volts at i believe 20 amps?

So what does 2 ohms do on 120 volts and a 20 amp breaker ?, im going to go double check that

XS-power1.jpg

quotes

• 1mL0ud3r 2 months ago
    Wow. Dunno what 20 amp breaker allows 60 amps of current, but great math skills there. Also, I wired the sub, and I assure you, it was a dual one series up to two ohm nominal.
    ·
  • 1.jpg
    1mL0ud3r 2 months ago
    It was a dual one ohm wired in series, I believe.
    ·
  • pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
    1mL0ud3r 2 months ago
    As far as power it was taking ... its plugged into a wall socket connected with a 20 amp breaker. If anyone wants to do the math...

• TimBoring221 2 months ago
    Actually its 120v, it would trip at 20 amps if it was a 20 amp breaker, so its better to use the impedance of the voice coils. with a final impedance of two ohms at 120v you would take 120 squared divided by 2 which is 7200 watts at 60 amps. so no way that was a dual one ohm voice coil, dual 4 ohm maybe, or that was not on a 20 amp breaker
    /\ dont know how accurate that last one sounds

XS-power1.jpg

Archived