Sundown Audio

.5 ohm stable?

DylanBunch

On a budget amp like hifonics it will do .5 ohm but don't expect it to last very long doing it especially with stock electrical ..only trust the high end amps to be able to anything under 1 ohm

Why does everyone seem to run .5 ohms? I don't understand. Just because you see somebody running .5 ohms doesnt mean you will be fine doing the something. Let me put it this way. If i jump of a building will you do the same? I am not trying to be a dick i just dont see the point on doing it unless you are rich and dont give a fck than go ahead.

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

If you're gonna run something at .5 ohms NOMINAL you better know damned well that you are over 1 ohm REACTIVE first. Also spend your life savings on electrical. Sell me your children.

I'm gonna hate

I ran both of my Hifonics amps at .5 ohms with no problems at all. Both still work as well as the day I bought them. BRZ1200 and BXI1610. Just make sure your electrical is good enough for them because they are voltage hogs.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Yeah stock electrical so .5 aint happenin lol thanks anyways

As far as the stock electrical, I was curious as to how .5 ohms would be on my AQ 2200d and it worked fine, dropped voltage a little but amp never got hot and I'm on all stock electrical, minus a battery in the back... Definitely not recommending it for a permanent use, but temporary to see how it the amp handles it and how much voltage drop you get..

-playing with different setups

Yeah stock electrical so .5 aint happenin lol thanks anyways

As far as the stock electrical, I was curious as to how .5 ohms would be on my AQ 2200d and it worked fine, dropped voltage a little but amp never got hot and I'm on all stock electrical, minus a battery in the back... Definitely not recommending it for a permanent use, but temporary to see how it the amp handles it and how much voltage drop you get..

You running 2 ohms daily with the sub-amp combo in your sig?

I'm gonna hate

Archived