Second Skin Audio

How much power is to much?

ChrisB4

I'm getting my subwoofers 2 of 3 of my mmats pro cast series subwoofers rebuilt and the company said my subs are 700 watts rms and will be 1000 watts rms after the rebuild. I thought about getting the hifonics 2100.1d which will be under 1000 watts rms after box rise. Will overpowering the subs by 200 watts rms be safe? Most importantly can my stock alt run the 2400? I am getting a optima yellow top for the trunk.

Any advise?

If you go that route only use the rebuilt woofers or as stated before get them all rebuilt. As for power handling I wouldn't worry about the extra 200 RMS as long as you can keep the voltage up with that amp, if you give the subs a clean signal they should be fine

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

i would say if you had at least a G31 In the rear and a good underood batt and big three u would be fne. i have the brutus 1700.1 and the zues 600.4 with stock 120 amp alt, big five, lol and 3 Agm batts ( 2 underhood and 1 huge one in the rear and i drop to about 12.9-13.2 depening on the song. i mostly listen to decaf and bass heavy rap. my sub amp is also wired to 0.5 ohm though. what ohm load are u trynna run at??

THE ANTHRACITE DYC CRUISER

-Fully dipped anthracite grey pt cruiser

-4 skar vvx 12's (version 1)

-Mechman 240 amp alt -Big three in Cadence 1/0

-1 deka intimidator g31 blacktop under the hood

-1 C&D 140ah Batt & 1 C&D 55ah batt in the rear

-Re audio/soundstream mids and highs

-Hifonics Zues 600.4

-DC Audio 3.5k

i would say if you had at least a G31 In the rear and a good underood batt and big three u would be fne. i have the brutus 1700.1 and the zues 600.4 with stock 120 amp alt, big five, lol and 3 Agm batts ( 2 underhood and 1 huge one in the rear and i drop to about 12.9-13.2 depening on the song. i mostly listen to decaf and bass heavy rap. my sub amp is also wired to 0.5 ohm though. what ohm load are u trynna run at??

this might be stupid but what's "big five" I've only done the big three. Is that like big three with the batteries in the trunk grounded? I also plan on listening to the same type of music with a little bit of pop in there

You should get all 3 redone so they be the same sub or dont run them together

I will get the third rebuilt in a month or two but the box I'm building is only for the two.

Or for the price of an optima you can probably get two of these for the trunk: http://www.remybattery.com/deka-intimidator/9a34m-ct-agm-battery.aspx

They seem to be good batts

I will look into those for sure thanks for that link it will help keep cost low. Do you have experience with them? And I also saw that the amp hours is only 55 is that an issue? I have no experience with two or more battery setups. I will try two of those with a battery isolator.

Archived