Second Skin Audio

Opinions on Soundstream subs

Carbon

Nice! I haven't owned a Mechman alternator but I respect a man that knows his product and from his posts around here I can tell Mechman knows his stuff. Make sure you get all the options on that sub for the sake of resale value, obviously the cost is no object. :)

I'm gonna hate

I like soundstream subs. Would never run them again but I had the t5s for 2 years and set gain by ear, never had a single issue. But there is better out there. If anything I would run their amps

Yup! I have 2 SS amps. love em

I've heared lots of SS XXX. They can get loud, and low, but whatever box we tried, this sub is only good on rap !!! It seems that it's not made to play music, only for burps !

If you buy one, buy a recone kit at the same time !

Why do people feel the need to run double rms to a sub ? the ssd is rated for 1000 w rms ? run it with that power.

A friend of mine has 2 Fi bl on a Sundown saz 3000 amplifier, and it is wonderful : loud, low, everything. It's musical, and he doesn't feel that he needs any more power to run them. He would have use a 2000 w rms amp, it would have been the same !!!!! Don't focus on power, it's not that important, unless you compete in spl.

Focus on the right box for your taste and for your car.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

You can also get a single Fi sp4 on your amp, and be fine with it :)

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I've heared lots of SS XXX. They can get loud, and low, but whatever box we tried, this sub is only good on rap !!! It seems that it's not made to play music, only for burps !

If you buy one, buy a recone kit at the same time !

Why do people feel the need to run double rms to a sub ? the ssd is rated for 1000 w rms ? run it with that power.

A friend of mine has 2 Fi bl on a Sundown saz 3000 amplifier, and it is wonderful : loud, low, everything. It's musical, and he doesn't feel that he needs any more power to run them. He would have use a 2000 w rms amp, it would have been the same !!!!! Don't focus on power, it's not that important, unless you compete in spl.

Focus on the right box for your taste and for your car.

That's not always good advice. You can certainly get away with putting more power to underrated subs like Fi and Sundown and that will certainly make you louder.

I'm gonna hate

For now I'm buying a ssd 18 fully loaded. I'm itching to build a box!

If I like it I might just do a fi btl build.

Right now I just want a little toy sub to play around with my junk hifi amp :)

Archived