Second Skin Audio

Inverting subs

BassMunky

You might here some mechanical noise you wouldn't have heard before. I agree, watch out for rubbing the surround on the lip of the mounting hole. Tuning does play a factor too, since it changes whether or not inverting. The only time you'd need to invert wiring, is if you're running one sub IN the box and one sub inverted. I run an isobaric push/pull and I have to run the inverted sub in reverse polarity

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I always thought about the motor assembly blocking the wave off.of the back of the cone..aka lower SPL scores..

But you could always build the box with inverted mounting in mind. To save some space at least box wise if you needed an inch or two in one of the dimensions. Unless you're running big mofo motors, the space saved on a couple kicker comps won't change much though.

It looks cool,but you gotta keep the speaker wire clean yo :P

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

• 1 month later...

If its a ported box wouldn't inverting the sub raise the tuning? Because it would be like making a bigger box with the same port size. Or am I wrong?

bigger box means lower tuning

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Archived