Second Skin Audio

Inverting subs

BassMunky

Seeing as a sub's displacement is rather small, it won't really make a difference if you invert them because the box is too small.

The only difference I see is cooling with them inverted and being able to smell them quicker for whatever reason

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

Seeing as a sub's displacement is rather small, it won't really make a difference if you invert them because the box is too small.

The only difference I see is cooling with them inverted and being able to smell them quicker for whatever reason

how does inverting a sub help cool it please explain.........

How does sticking your head outside the sunroof help cool your head vs having the windows cracked a little bit?

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

would i have to do anything different on the setting on the amp? like the phase 180?

Mine are reverse wired at my amp and it sounds fine. Watch the surround rub though lol

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

4 cubes tuned to about 34hz

DC 3.5k

1/0 Welding Supply Ultra Flex

Stock 140A alt

Stinger Fuses & Fuse Holders

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

How does sticking your head outside the sunroof help cool your head vs having the windows cracked a little bit?

There's no 40-65 mile an hour winds inside your car

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

There's no 40-65 mile an hour winds inside your car

It will definitely have make a difference, just not a great difference.

Archived