Sundown Audio

Amps with dual or multiple inputs !

__d_a_v_i_d__

The reason is so you can have solid power running down both sides of the amp. You will see others have a metal rail that goes from side to side. getting more power to the board over the rail equals more power out and less stress on the board.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

The reason is so you can have solid power running down both sides of the amp. You will see others have a metal rail that goes from side to side. getting more power to the board over the rail equals more power out and less stress on the board.

So is this more of a cost factor than anything? I imagine getting power over the board on both sides is attainable from either config?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

It is attainable. All end term amps are designed that way. See in the pic the metal bars the go side to side? Those are jumpers for the power and ground to run down both sides of the amps. The issue you can see is a bottle neck at those solder spots. So some companies do the dual power to relieve that stress point. Weather one way is better then another is up to the engineer designing it.

DDM3A.jpg

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived