Jump to content

Looking for Mids and Highs replacements *Opinion/suggestions*


CW06Silvy

Recommended Posts

Posted

Alright guys I am into a bit of a predicament here.

I got my woofers finally running and while it was awesome to hear them I realized that I can no longer hear my front stages.
I am currently running 2 pairs of Boston Pro60SE's in the doors on a GT2125 amp.
They sound good and get loud but they are not loud enough. I just metered the 15"s for shits and giggles on a kenwood amp that is rated at 850w @ 2 ohms. They already hit a 144 sealed @ windsheild on the termlab and the highs were pretty faded away.

I am looking at using Rockford Punch Pro equipment. (Thinking 2-8" midrange/midbass drivers in the door, 2 tweets low, and another in the pillar) However through my research I've heard mixed things about this new rockford line. So thats where I am hoping some of you guys can help me out. I really like clean sounding music but its gotta get above those woofers. Also, I am not worried about price that much but I dont wanna spend $1500 a door. The vehicle is a 06 silverado ext cab and I am going to add something small to the rear doors as well (maybe the bostons idk yet).

Let me know what you guys think..

2006 Silverado Ext. Cab

6-15" SSA ZCONS

4th Order Blow-Through

Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd

American Bass VFL 1100.1 12 volt

6 C&D Batteries

2-350A Singer Alternators and Stock Alt

DC Power Triple Alt Kit

MLA Module

3 Runs of 1/0

2 Sets of Boston Acoustics 6.5 Pro Components

Boston Acoustics 2-channel

Lots of Sound Deadener

....Build still in Progress...

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I have heard alot good reviews on the Punch Pro line and that they are designed for SPL systems. The new RF mini lab @ CES had 2 pairs of 8s keeping up with 6 P3 15s. I was thinking about getting a pair but leaning more toward a SQ system so probly going to get the RF 8" P3S for kicker panels. Mini SQ like steves Lexus,

Good Luck with your build.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 957 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...