Rmichael91

Also the height for the port will be 16.5 not 16

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

So here is a suggestion, really tight:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 34 Hz
Vb = 4.2 ft^3

External Height = 18 in
External Width = 34 in
External Depth = 23 in

Port Width = 3 3/4 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.
* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2 x Top & Bottom (3 parts) = 34 x 23

Left & Right Sides = 21 1/2 x 15 3/4

Front & Back = 34 x 15 3/4

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Top to Bottom = 12 x 21 1/2
Extension = 17 1/4 x 21 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

2PUSU_zps33baa147.jpg

- The 45s if you want to do them are 2 1/2" wide except the one/ones inside the port, if you want that let me know.

- All boxes built outside the car need to fit in their way in not just have the right dimensions.

- Setting your amp's subsonic filter to 28Hz is suggested.

Try both port driver's side and passenger side.

The sketch up is just to show the port and bracing right Joe? How the dimensions were labeled made me question it. 18.75" is going to be extremely tight, thus I was sticking to 18" for the height. But that's making a lot more sense than what I put together in Torres.

Raptor I caught that with the port height after I uploaded and posted that one, there wasn't an extreme difference on the volume or frequency tune.

The sketch up is just to show the port and bracing right Joe? How the dimensions were labeled made me question it. 18.75" is going to be extremely tight, thus I was sticking to 18" for the height. But that's making a lot more sense than what I put together in Torres.

Raptor I caught that with the port height after I uploaded and posted that one, there wasn't an extreme difference on the volume or frequency tune.

Definitely the sketch is of generic dimensions and just to show how things assemble and the braces, if you can't go up, could you go 1/4" or so wider or deeper?, is just that the box is real tight and making the most of your dimensions will be good for it.

The most I can extend is the depth from 20". The height and width are to the nearest 1/4" I can spare. From the trunk floor up to the rear deck brace, and between the trunk arms. I was aiming for a flat amp rack, but I can rework that accordingly with the box.

The most I can extend is the depth from 20". The height and width are to the nearest 1/4" I can spare. From the trunk floor up to the rear deck brace, and between the trunk arms. I was aiming for a flat amp rack, but I can rework that accordingly with the box.

To avoid generating artificial limitations just let me know some dimensions (a lil bigger) that would be most convenient for you and I will use those.

To avoid generating artificial limitations just let me know some dimensions (a lil bigger) that would be most convenient for you and I will use those.

18hx34wx22d, can push the depth to 24" but thats the deepest considering room for the battery bank and amp rack.

18hx34wx22d, can push the depth to 24" but thats the deepest considering room for the battery bank and amp rack.

Ok updated, took only 23"D and I think they would do ok setup like that, you are running a lot of power.

Alright, what would the port's 45­­° width be? I'm keeping the amp tuned low for the first few months so they'll be far from their potential. Eventually I'll do competitions, but I'm not really chasing numbers right now. Down the road I'll be getting an suv, so then the fun will begin.

Ok so the size of the 45 inside the port depends on how you do the inner corner smoothing but any case the port width must stay the same at the turn, take a look at the following, here the inner corner was slanted:

turn.jpg

If you do it exactly like shown the witdh of the inside 45 would be around 4 1/4".

Also all inner edges at both ends of the port should be rounded.

Archived