Jump to content

Drop from 12s to 10s??


Recommended Posts

Posted

Have you try subs up port to side?

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

Posted

4500.1 is on the backside of the box above the batteries, mids/highs amp and distro blocks etc are in the spare tire well. I have not tried port to the side as there is no room on the sides for the port to breathe.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

 

‎

Posted

4500.1 is on the backside of the box above the batteries, mids/highs amp and distro blocks etc are in the spare tire well. I have not tried port to the side as there is no room on the sides for the port to breathe.

Shorten box a bit to give it some space to load. This will bring your tuning up a bit though. I have great success with port to side in my integra though....

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

Posted

First box was up firing, with aero ports firing back, however the tuning was 38Hz and it would not hit the lows that I like, kinda trying to get a little of both.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

 

‎

Posted

Just mocked up a box I may try, 4.57cuft after all displacement (3) 4" aero ports tuned at 36Hz, subs up ports back.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

 

‎

Posted

if you're running a skar 4500 then you would've made mods to your car to run that beast. I take it the back seats aren't removable...? or they don't fold down..? I have no idea what kinda car that is..

-playing with different setups

Posted

What about one bad boy 15? Seems logical of course im far from an expert

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

Posted

Seems your at your max box dimensions, and personally I wouldn't downsize to 10s. If your not hitting the numbers you hoped for, then you need more power. If the subs are being pushed to their full potential, then it's needless to say just get a set of 12's that can handle more. It sucks to have to say that but its true.

08' Grand Cherokee

(2) DC Lvl 4 12's

Posted

Oh the subs can handle the power, I think its more box related at this point.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

 

‎

Posted

I would also get it metered before rebuilding, I was doing 144 sealed up in my car with a prefab tuned to 36hz with exactly 7sqin of slot port per cube, on a pair of xfls which require much more airspace than the 1.40 they were seeing a piece on my dc3.5k at 1 ohm, I honestly don't see how you're not doing 46-47s with that setup unless your car is that bad on the meter

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3059 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...