Matching Mids/highs To Bass

I was wondering how to determine how many speakers/watts to run for mids and highs. The sub amp will be around 1500-2000 daily. I was looking at a Kicker zx 350.4 it's 60 x 4 at 4 ohms and i was gonna use that with four 6x9's across the back dash. Do you guys think that'll be too ear piercing at full tilt?

im putting 16 6.5s and 16 bullet tweeters in the front 2 seats of a mini cooper, with nearly 1800w rms of power through the mids/highs.

i dont think it can get much more ear piercing than that.

:)

i think galacticmonkeys might be able to keep up wit urs. should be a good contest

and no it wont be too ear piercing audioman

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

i think galacticmonkeys might be able to keep up wit urs. should be a good contest

and no it wont be too ear piercing audioman

[/quote

no that will be good, the old speakers in the x i had 6 5x7's and 2 sets (4) titanium tweeters, and it was loud..very loud, but it didnt hurt too bad

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

you should be fine curently I am running my stock location speakers off of my headunit and I have 2 15 l7's on 2.5g's of power now once my audioques and my electrical upgrade gets installed I will be running a 150.2 on my tweeters and a 250.2 on my componets and I might need to double it and that will be with 5g's of power but right now my alpine 9885 pushes my 6.5 loud enough to keep up with the bass

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I'm in the ordering stage of my system. I'll be ordering the kicker zx350.1 wednsday. This is my first system where I have a good budget to work with so I'm getting all the advice and input as I go. After this I'll just need a sub amp, woofers, and 6x9s. I'm pushing for a Kixker zx2500.1 but I might just settle for a zx1500.1, I just don't know how far into electrical upgrades I want to go yet. I know this is kinda off topic but does anyone know what kind of audible difference there is between the 1500.1 and the 2500.1 on two 12's daily?

wenn_du_weinst- thats just f@cking insane , in a good way :lol:

btw- that chick in your avatar is hot as hell!

Edited by audioman21

I'm in the ordering stage of my system. I'll be ordering the kicker zx350.1 wednsday. This is my first system where I have a good budget to work with so I'm getting all the advice and input as I go. After this I'll just need a sub amp, woofers, and 6x9s. I'm pushing for a Kixker zx2500.1 but I might just settle for a zx1500.1, I just don't know how far into electrical upgrades I want to go yet. I know this is kinda off topic but does anyone know what kind of audible difference there is between the 1500.1 and the 2500.1 on two 12's daily?

wenn_du_weinst- thats just f@cking insane , in a good way :lol:

thanks audioman

I have a irragi 200amp alt and 1 run of 1/0 and my voltage will hit 11.5 if I'm not careful so make sure you have the electrical to back up the amp I don't think you want your amps to turn into a fog machine :)

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Yea I know all about upgrading electricals I'm already planning on that. I'm just waiting on icome tax so I can get a daily beater prolly a cavalier, civic something small. I might do a 18" btl sub up port back in the trunk, two ported 12"s rearfiring, two 15"s somehow I have no idea yet. I know an 18 isn't optimal in that situation I just wanna be different, thats my goal.