Can I get away with this?

I thought that you would want more power behind the battery. To keep the battery charging faster rather than having the alternator continuously charging every battery hooked up to the alternator.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

You could always make a holder that would hide under the truck.

A holder under my vehicle? I don't think this would work but its a good idea. I'm driving a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo a Wj.

>Your best bet would be get the batteries before you start bumpin with your new gear or you could seriously screw up your electrical.

Even with the H.O alternator? How many batteries do you recommend? Do you think that I can get away with just 2 batteries?

You would be amazed by how much power you could potentially push with a single 270 amp alternator and 2 XSd3400's

You could always make a holder that would hide under the truck.

A holder under my vehicle? I don't think this would work but its a good idea. I'm driving a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo a Wj.

>Your best bet would be get the batteries before you start bumpin with your new gear or you could seriously screw up your elect

rical.

Even with the H.O alternator? How many batteries do you recommend? Do you think that I can get away with just 2 batteries?

You would be amazed by how much power you could potentially push with a single 270 amp alternator and 2 XSd3400's

I'm getting a 250A H.O alternator and 3 batteries of this kind: Deka Intimidator 9A34M AGM Battery. Do you think I could get away with 2 batteries or would I need to get 3 of them?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I think a little above 5000. One Skar 4500.1, and 1 Skar 125.4 (at some point).

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Yea it would be just fine to do that for a while. But when you get the chance for sure get the 3rd batt.

03 Ford f150

2 Sa8 v2s

Ap 1800d...

Stinger 0 Guage

CA Auto/ Electric Big 3

Xs power d680 in parallel with new group 65 stocker

Soon to come another d680

Rockford Punch 6x8 3 ways in the front, Rockford Punch Pro 6.5s in the back

Soon to come Pioneers all around

Focal Solid 4 Speaker Amp

Kenwood KDC-X896

Memphis Line Driver

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160368-03-f150-king-ranch/

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LabAudio502?feature=mhee

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so a new plan as emerged, I wont be getting the skar 125.4 until after I move down. But I am getting the Skar 4500.1 and the 2 ZVX 15's and singer alt, could I get away with one battery or should I get 2? The one battery would just be to put the system in and be able to demo it while I'm up here in CT, When I go down to TN I'll get the necessary battery bank. I got to put this new system in before I move down. Up here no one has heard of Skar and they firmly believe that brand name is supreme. And other things that I've been told that make me really want to get this system in and demo up here. (My dreams were basically crushed due to one person)

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I'm running a 180 amp alt with 3 batteries ( 2 dekas and 1 xs1200) and I'm only 2500 rms.... nothing wrong with overkill ..... Unless your running a severely too large alt which can lead to some problems.... Better to spend the extra cash to be safe than risking the life of your equipment which in your case would prolly be the amplifier.

Archived