Small Radiator Crack: Options? (Pix)

1993 Honda Accord
200000m
Cracked plastic top radiator

Solution, JB Weld... held for 2 years afterwards through Chicago weather (-20 to +100) then sold it, but I'd imagine its still holding... make sure you apply when coolant is cold and do not use vehicle for at least 24hrs so it sets before coolant pressure increases

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, if you can locate the jb weld for plastic, it can work but you've got to make sure you get the coolant residue off completely which can be a bitch to get down in the crevice. Brake clean or a good parts cleaner then blow it out with compressed air. That residue is like Pam in some cases. If you get coolant on your hands, you know what I mean.

Buy a new radiator Unless its a vehicle you don't care about, its not worth letting that stuff get into your internals imo.. its $150 for a new radiator or $$$$ for a new motor.. just imo though, we've used the radiator sealant stuff on ranch and mud trucks n stuff like that but I wouldn't trust it on your DD or something you like

I know this is an old post but..

Do tell how a CRACKED RAD TANK would let coolent INTO the engine... Unless he has his air filter ontop of the crack.. Its not happening

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

I'm talking about the stuff that seals the crack in the radiator and I didn't mean the engine my bad lol, but it can clog the radiator and restrict the flow. even worse get to your water pump and cause damage there

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

• 1 month later...

I have to agree on replacing the radiator. Even if you did "plastic weld" the crack, there's a good chance the plastic around the "weld" would give way and you'd be dealing with a crack again.

2004 Ford Freestar SEL

Jensen VM9224BT

Alpine MRP-F257 "Flex 5"

MBQuart ONX 1000.1D

Factory Ford 5x7's (For now)

2 - MBQuart ONX304 12" Subwoofers

The radiator "stop leak" can cause the cooling system to plug... TRUST ME. A couple of years back, a friend of mine ( who is a tech) was replacing the water pump on a nissan pick up. He was bleeding the system when it began to boil over, due to a plugged radiator from the customer adding the stop leak to the system. He ended up getting some pretty bad burns and was out of work for a while. Replacing the radiator is the proper and only repair I ( who works on cars for a living) would ever recommend. Think about if the radiator was to fail on you while your out driviing, but the level sensor on the resivoir tank does not work and will not let you know that you are low on coolant. Then BAM, car is overheating and causing other issues ( some could be major issues).

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Archived