XS Power

Batts for a 10,000 rms system

Glad you made a thread in our section to ask if the D3100 will work when in reality you were planning to purchase batteries that aren't even designed for the "system" you are planning. If you are getting $60 group 31 batteries, then all I can really say is good luck.

You can get about $10-$15 for a D3100 if you take it and recycle the battery. If a battery the same size costs $60 new do you really think it is going to do what you need it to do? If these are what you are getting then you probably do need 20+ batteries.

Edited by Nathan@XSPOWER
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

^^^ I agree completely. He was doing names and quantities of the batteries he wanted and all of a sudden he was talking about using Semi truck batteries. Next it won't be 3 Mechman alternators, but some other brand a buddy of his custom makes....uggggggh!

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Nathen thank you for replying and i was goin to get xs 3100's later right now i am gettin the others cuz the price they are brand new my freind owns a trucking company they buy lots of batts so he said i can buy some from him just over wat he buys them for then slowly get 3100's the size is almost the same about .25 in difference

its not about the size. its pretty rude to put this in xs section expecting them to help you and then turn around and go get something else

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I am just letting you know from experience and testing that a Group 31 battery that is new and costs $60 will not provide you with the power you are expecting. If it is a Group 31 battery it should weight at least in the 70lbs range. If you look at the lead prices over the last year and look at how much just the lead costs to build that battery (not taking into account the other internals, manufacturing costs, R&D costs, shipping costs, labor costs, and other costs), then it will give you an idea of what you are getting.

Just something to think about. I am not saying there aren't cheaper options out there that you can go with, but in the long run you are going to pay more. You would be better off going with a Deka or Shuriken battery even, than spending your money on those batteries.

Its your build and money though. Do what you think it best and what you will be happy with. Do not ever let anyone tell you what to use or how do do something in your builds! You can read and listen to people to get their opinions and experiences and then use that information to form your plan, but do not ever let anyone tell you what to use or how to do something in your build. You need to make sure you are doing what is going to make you satisfied at the end of the day!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

show us some pics of your system, also, your going to run 2 DDm2b's? for that many batteries you should be strapping 4 m4's on those 2 9515"s, 2 m2b sub amps and 4 or 5 mids and high amps makes no sense it takes a lot less wattage to keep mids and highs up with a high SPL bass setup.

234976974_0733c9f6c3_z.jpg?zz=1

Edited by purplesyrup
XS-power1.jpg

N8 im sorry for that post i was at his shop and he said that so i posted i am goin with 2 d6500's under the hood and 8 d7500's in the back and nathen u are a good guy thanks for all u have done and purple im goin to use 2 m3b's and the mids/highs kevin and me are thinking of wat i should use im goin to have 5 6.5's 1 8 and a 6.5 mid in each door then 5 tweets in each a pillar then probly more later the batts im settin up for later im thinking of goin with 4 z's walled with 4 m4a's get one electrical to do all i might do both have a removable wall then have the 2 9500's

I didn't think this thread could get any better

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

N8 im sorry for that post i was at his shop and he said that so i posted i am goin with 2 d6500's under the hood and 8 d7500's in the back and nathen u are a good guy thanks for all u have done and purple im goin to use 2 m3b's and the mids/highs kevin and me are thinking of wat i should use im goin to have 5 6.5's 1 8 and a 6.5 mid in each door then 5 tweets in each a pillar then probly more later the batts im settin up for later im thinking of goin with 4 z's walled with 4 m4a's get one electrical to do all i might do both have a removable wall then have the 2 9500's

This is painful to read. Stand by for the grammar police in 3...2...1...

• Like (+1 Rep) 1