Rubbermaid Cooler Boombox : 4 Alpine 5.25's, Pioneer HU, 35AH Deep Cell Battery

<p>That thing is badass good work..simple and easy. I like it.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Don't pre-sand...pick up some plastic paint.  Krylon makes one that I like I think it has a plastic chair picture on the can.  It works well and seemed to work better on plastic for me then regular paint.</p>

I appreciate it man. You have no idea how many people have told me this is a waste of time and is a stupid idea. I can't wait till the first time I bring it out when people are bitching about no music. I know they make paint especially for plastic but I have a whole bunch of High Performance Wheel Paint by Rustoleum. I think it should do the trick as long as I clean it and prime it.

dude don't listen to a word those ppl say that is so epic! lol now I want one :-P I don't have a bunch of speakers and audio parts just lying around though so I would have to buy everything to do somethin like this and that's money I don't have lol

You can do it for a lot cheaper than I did. The main purchases you really need are a cooler, head unit, speakers, and a battery. You can probably drop around $100 for everything if you plan it out right. I know every now and then Pep Boys or Auto Zone will have a head unit and 4 speaker sale for like $50. You can also go a lot cheaper on the battery. I decided to get a 35ah battery but I probably could have gotten away with a 22ah or 25ah battery considering I don't think the amp and voltmeter take up that much amperage. Basically from what I read you just divide the amp draw of the system by the ah of the battery to get how many hours of listening you can get. I've been blasting it for a couple hours while cleaning at got probably a .1 or .2 volt drop. Really excited about how this turned out. I might sell it and do a more exclusive one with a solar panel and bluetooth head unit or ipod dock. Here are some pictures of the voltmeter all mounted and wired up. Excited to get this painted up. I might get some vinyl ordered of my alma mater and do some decals or something before a clear coat. I just don't know if I ever want to sell it.

IMAG0004-XL.jpg

2009 Nissan Maxima SV Super Black KH3
  • Hardwired Beltronics 955 Radar
  • Pioneer DEH-M9400BH with Stock Bose Speakers
  • Custom fiberglass HVAC display
  • Nexus 7 Tablet w/ Custom Fiberglassed Magnet dock
  • KnuKonceptz Big 3 and wiring
  • 2 Alpine Type E 10's with Alpine MRP-M500

Build Log HERE

there have been some pretty cool fiberglassed coolers at local shows around here , all u need is some paint

Ya I have the paint I just don't have the space to do it. I would do it in my basement but my furnace is down there and I don't feel like fuming up the house. I will probably wait for the first nice day. I guess I could do it in my shed out back but it's just too cold for paint to stick properly. I'll definitely get some pictures of it in action when I take it to the Indy 500. I was looking around the internet and this place has really well done coolers with mediocre systems for like $900 :jon: . Here are some of the cornhole boards I did for last year. Got a huge demand but nobody came through at the price point I was wanting. You have no idea how long these took to make. Hand painted with custom sized vinyl decals. 15 coats of Urethane.

My%20Boards-XL.jpg

Oh and here is my partner in crime through all of this. My woman refuses to be a part of any of this aka shes a part of the "are you done" crew.

IMAG0076-XL.jpg

Build Log HERE

Sounds like my GF...every project...the bike..building a Sub...enclosure..working on my truck...even an oil change on her car... All she ever has to say is "Are you done yet..im bored" or she doesn't understand the reason behind it. Mostly the reason is I just like messing with shit and building things. That cooler stereo is right up my alley... I think its cool...and you should jsut leave it plain jane..no paint. Why make it try to look like something other then a cooler.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I like it!!!! Great work bro.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Sounds like my GF...every project...the bike..building a Sub...enclosure..working on my truck...even an oil change on her car... All she ever has to say is "Are you done yet..im bored" or she doesn't understand the reason behind it. Mostly the reason is I just like messing with shit and building things. That cooler stereo is right up my alley... I think its cool...and you should jsut leave it plain jane..no paint. Why make it try to look like something other then a cooler.

I agree it's a cooler... the fact that it actually looks like a cooler till you notice the speakers in it just makes it that much... cooler ;-) (sorry I couldn't help myself that pun was just begging to be used) lol maybe cleaning it up a tad from the scrapes and whatnot (I'm assuming probably from you working on it cutting holes in it and stuff probably did alot of that) might be nice but let it keep looking like a cooler that just adds to the awesomeness of it.

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

I agree it's a cooler... the fact that it actually looks like a cooler till you notice the speakers in it just makes it that much... cooler ;-) (sorry I couldn't help myself that pun was just begging to be used) lol maybe cleaning it up a tad from the scrapes and whatnot (I'm assuming probably from you working on it cutting holes in it and stuff probably did alot of that) might be nice but let it keep looking like a cooler that just adds to the awesomeness of it.

I agree with both of you but it's just that I plan on taking it tailgating and I want it to have some school spirit. I don't think painting it flat black will effact it that much. Another fear of mine is if I paint the bottom and lug it around alot, the pain will just peel on the bottom. I may just Bedline the bottom. trust me it will look cool. I may just do the bottom and inside flat black and leave the top white. It's just so dirty. I only wish I planned it out a little better so I could throw some bud diesels some lights in there as well. My main comeback I always say to my woman is just remember what you say to me because in the future you will need me to hang a TV mount or assemble a bookshelf or whatever the hell you women are always buying. I remember showing this to my girl and the look on her face was like I made her smell my farts.

Build Log HERE

I just thought of something... you know what would make it even more awesome?? lol if there's room above the head unit build an actual cooler back into it on top of all that (something you can pull out if you need to get into the box again though) and have it able to still be a small functioning cooler to put maybe 5-10 beers in or something maybe... lol idk if it would work or how you would do it but that would be cool I think if you could do it... might have to just plan ahead for that on the next build and use a super tall cooler or something... I think you might have something there ;-)

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

I just thought of something... you know what would make it even more awesome?? lol if there's room above the head unit build an actual cooler back into it on top of all that (something you can pull out if you need to get into the box again though) and have it able to still be a small functioning cooler to put maybe 5-10 beers in or something maybe... lol idk if it would work or how you would do it but that would be cool I think if you could do it... might have to just plan ahead for that on the next build and use a super tall cooler or something... I think you might have something there ;-)

Ya I agree like a sealed toolbox tray.....I'll have to go home and check the diameter of a beer can and see if there is enough room above the head unit. Might be able to get a 6er in there. :fing34:

Build Log HERE

Ya I agree like a sealed toolbox tray.....I'll have to go home and check the diameter of a beer can and see if there is enough room above the head unit. Might be able to get a 6er in there. :fing34:

if it works you should totally eventually start working on perfecting it and put out a line! lol that would be awesome

My Build Log

Archived