Sundown Audio

Amp Rack

Bam Bam

I need a place to mount my amp. Currenly it is on the enclosure however I am getting a new amp and with the addition power I've heard it could cause damage to the amp if mounted to the enclosure. I don't any other place to mount it but are there ways to reduce the vibration the amp endures while mounted on the side of the enclosure?

6 Funky Pup 12's

I need a place to mount my amp. Currenly it is on the enclosure however I am getting a new amp and with the addition power I've heard it could cause damage to the amp if mounted to the enclosure. I don't any other place to mount it but are there ways to reduce the vibration the amp endures while mounted on the side of the enclosure?

Put rubber washers inbetween the box and amp. Making sure your box is solid, and doesn't vibrate, that will help greatly. And make sure it's on there nice and firm.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

If you don't think your box is strong enough add some cross braces and/or 45s in the corners. but if you are really worried about it I would put a couple layers of fiberglass on the inside, then bondo. if you put the bondo make sure to sand it out REALLY smooth because it will help slightly with SPL ;)

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

I have a Yukon the entire rear cargo area is taken. On the front side of the box just behind the rear seats I have maybe 6 inches

I will be adding a monster amp and I'm afraid the vibration may be to much for the amp. The box is braced and we doubled 3/4 MDF all around. The box is huge.

6 Funky Pup 12's

Archived