Second Skin Audio

Box Recommendation for 2 SA-12 Ported in s10 Blazer

bosco2023

Yes I would like the dimensions of the divider in the back of the port

So the dimensions depend on what how you smooth the corners in the turn, you just should make sure of the width of the port at the turn, take a look:

TPort-45s.jpg

So 1/2 of the port width is 1 3/4", if you have any other questions let me know.

Hello Joe,

What about the front corners? Would it hurt or help to also angle them on the inside? I have a S10 Blazer and really looking hard at this box along with another design... The downside is mine would be made out of 3/4 plywood due to MDF not being here on the base... Also what about the connection location?

Thanks,

John

2010 Chevy  HHR Panel (Work in progress)

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4

Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K

Alt CES 200/270+

4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f

1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah 

Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

Hello Joe,

What about the front corners? Would it hurt or help to also angle them on the inside? I have a S10 Blazer and really looking hard at this box along with another design... The downside is mine would be made out of 3/4 plywood due to MDF not being here on the base... Also what about the connection location?

Thanks,

John

As stated above the use of 45 have come into question as means to improve performance, feel free to do them or not, even some in the front, the ones inside the port have a different function and are worthwhile doing if you can do them right. The connections are one per chamber, any place will do unless you have to place wires inside the port.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the speakers have shipped and the box is almost done... Here are a few pics of the box being built... Just need to find something to finish the exterior with...

boxtop.jpg

boxfront.jpg

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

Alt CES 200/270+

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

A few things to check are that the port width on the lateral ducts is 1 3/4" and to round a little the inner side of both ends of the port like shown in the pics above. I will add that is a very clean woodworking job. Must have a nice tools stash.

A few things to check are that the port width on the lateral ducts is 1 3/4" and to round a little the inner side of both ends of the port like shown in the pics above. I will add that is a very clean woodworking job. Must have a nice tools stash.

The rear corners of the port have been cut like the drawing and the rear insert has the 1 3/4 clearance (not glued/screwed in place yet)... Well as for the wood working I wish that it was done with my hands but it was not, the box is being built by one of the 'Wood shop pros'... I told him what needed to be done and got the parts to do the job... I got the e-mail that the speakers have shipped and should be in my hands in two weeks or less...

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

Alt CES 200/270+

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

I registered just to reply to this thread. I found it through Google. I am putting 2 sa12d4 in my grand Cherokee and I'll build this box because I wanted sub up port back and this box is the best I have found that's not taking up the whole rear area. I'll post pictures probably tomorrow.

Here is a shot of the test fit, still need to cover the box with something... But other than that the box is just about complete... I made four holes for the bolts to feed thru on each side so I can change the ohm load without needing to pull the speakers out...

testfitangle.jpg

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

Alt CES 200/270+

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

Here is a shot of the test fit, still need to cover the box with something... But other than that the box is just about complete... I made four holes for the bolts to feed thru on each side so I can change the ohm load without needing to pull the speakers out...

testfitangle.jpg

Great building job without a doubt.

Archived