From_the_Valley Posted February 11, 2013 Report Posted February 11, 2013 I just installed a new set of sundowns sa6.5cs comps and they sound great but I'm getting some distortion in the tweeters that's mostly noticable on lower volumes. It also seems to be more noticable in the "lower" frequecies for tweets, not really on the high cymbal sounds. They're run passive off a sax100.4d and the amp has a good ground. I don't really know how to diagnose the problem so any help or ideas would be awesome. Some people told me to connect my iPod directly to the amp rca cables to see if it makes a difference. How would I do this?
bumonskateboard6 Posted February 13, 2013 Report Posted February 13, 2013 Get a headphone to RCA adapter to use an iPod on the amp. But I suggest making sure everything is set right, I've had issues with passive crossovers in the past. Try setting the crossover to 0db to -2db if there is a switch, and always check your gains on the amp, and the EQ on your deck, sometimes boosting up the lower tweeter frequencies (~1khz) can lead to the distortion. Current Systems: 2011 BMW 335i Hertz HDP1 DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber 2002 Acura TlKenwood DNX9980HD2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 CoilsDC 3.5kHertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 RearHertz HDP4 AmpDC Power Engineering 260 Amp AltBig 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0XS Power D2400 Up Front i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch... going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box... Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth. A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?
From_the_Valley Posted February 14, 2013 Author Report Posted February 14, 2013 Good idea on the eq I'll check that out. The gains have been set with the dd-1 thanks to noelito. It's kind of weird I can only hear it on low volume, but maybe it just gets drowned out. You think a better ground on the head unit would help at all?
CleanSierra Posted February 14, 2013 Report Posted February 14, 2013 Are you in AZ? I think Bum is, but is the OP also? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
SLAYER1805 Posted February 14, 2013 Report Posted February 14, 2013 Are you in AZ? I think Bum is, but is the OP also? The OP isn't, but Bum is. He's like 45 minutes from me lol
CleanSierra Posted February 14, 2013 Report Posted February 14, 2013 When are we building that box of yours? OP sorry to thread jack unless you're a local AZ guy Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
SLAYER1805 Posted February 14, 2013 Report Posted February 14, 2013 When are we building that box of yours? OP sorry to thread jack unless you're a local AZ guy Soon! I just got my first job so I should start having some money now
From_the_Valley Posted February 14, 2013 Author Report Posted February 14, 2013 It's all good. But nope I'm not in AZ I'm over in CA
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.