TRTC360 Posted May 3, 2013 Report Posted May 3, 2013 I don't hate DC, I run a DC amp, would run DC subs atleast to try them, the comment was kinda meant as a joke, but I do know quite a few people that have had major issues with their subs on rated power, but then I see other people that have no issues with big power soooooooo you get my point. '93 Firebird Formula V8 H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395 Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4 Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0 G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator www.youtube.com/TRTC360
TeamHT Posted May 3, 2013 Report Posted May 3, 2013 I've played with an M1 level 5 and although my mayhem took more power, sounded better doing it, and lasted longer, that 5 still took a lot of power. It took an RF T4000 with no issues. The enclosure I think might be the reason why some of the others shred themselves. Few cases that doesn't apply...cough cough Ken, lol. I haven't played with an M2 but that sub looks beast. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Johny B Posted May 3, 2013 Report Posted May 3, 2013 I've had nothing but good luck with my dcs. My very first time installing my subs I clipped the hell out of them and took FOREVER for them to blow. That's when I knew nothing about car audio. My dc amp at a point was receiving crazy low voltage because one of my fuse blocks was melting, still np problems with the amp. Hell even if you shred a cone I'm sure Jon will hook you up with some shca carbon fiber wrapped aluminum cones lol anyways good Congrats on some beast subs. Let me know if you still want the ft1s. Im trying to sell them to someone more local 06 Chrysler 300 Pioneer avh-x8500bhs Hertz Hsk 130.4 Alpine mrp-F600 2 Dc level 4 12s Dc 2k Viper 5901 SHCA wiring KnuKonceptz RCA's SecondSkin/Fatmat Big 3-stock alt
cjvue Posted May 3, 2013 Report Posted May 3, 2013 lvl5's?? Pft.... Why not lvl7?.... jk bro. M2 Level 5's are a beast. Let us know how you like'm compare to the HDC4 in the same setup/enclosure. My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O - 2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db 2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db Powered by: Sundown Audio
CNF Kevosinn Posted May 3, 2013 Author Report Posted May 3, 2013 I don't hate DC, I run a DC amp, would run DC subs atleast to try them, the comment was kinda meant as a joke, but I do know quite a few people that have had major issues with their subs on rated power, but then I see other people that have no issues with big power soooooooo you get my point. haha I got you man. some times its hard to tell over the internet lol I've played with an M1 level 5 and although my mayhem took more power, sounded better doing it, and lasted longer, that 5 still took a lot of power. It took an RF T4000 with no issues. The enclosure I think might be the reason why some of the others shred themselves. Few cases that doesn't apply...cough cough Ken, lol. I haven't played with an M2 but that sub looks beast. I know they made quite a few changes on the m2 so hopefully its improved. I love mayhems also you cant go wrong with them it seems Them bishes look guuuuuuuuud thanks man!! I've had nothing but good luck with my dcs. My very first time installing my subs I clipped the hell out of them and took FOREVER for them to blow. That's when I knew nothing about car audio. My dc amp at a point was receiving crazy low voltage because one of my fuse blocks was melting, still np problems with the amp. Hell even if you shred a cone I'm sure Jon will hook you up with some shca carbon fiber wrapped aluminum cones lol anyways good Congrats on some beast subs. Let me know if you still want the ft1s. Im trying to sell them to someone more local ya im still deciding on the tweets. I need to figure out a place to put them haha lvl5's?? Pft.... Why not lvl7?.... jk bro. M2 Level 5's are a beast. Let us know how you like'm compare to the HDC4 in the same setup/enclosure. I was going to do lvl6's but it was a way longer wait and some parts had to be custom made to have it work in a 15. And I will compare the two for sure *** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ ) "kevosinn's" astro van 8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's 4 Sundown scv 6000's CNF Distribution CNC parts Skyhigh wire some batteries SMD Meters and tools used on the installhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/ 16,000 watt walled silverado build.http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/ 8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60TEAM CNF Distribution
razon35 Posted May 3, 2013 Report Posted May 3, 2013 Hell yea bro!! Keep up the good work! Glad you went with DC AUDIO!! Team DC Audio FTMFW!!!=D
CNF Kevosinn Posted May 3, 2013 Author Report Posted May 3, 2013 Hell yea bro!! Keep up the good work! Glad you went with DC AUDIO!! Team DC Audio FTMFW!!!=D Hell ya I'm so stoked! *** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ ) "kevosinn's" astro van 8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's 4 Sundown scv 6000's CNF Distribution CNC parts Skyhigh wire some batteries SMD Meters and tools used on the installhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/ 16,000 watt walled silverado build.http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/ 8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60TEAM CNF Distribution
CNF Kevosinn Posted May 3, 2013 Author Report Posted May 3, 2013 level 5 = fap fap fap *** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ ) "kevosinn's" astro van 8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's 4 Sundown scv 6000's CNF Distribution CNC parts Skyhigh wire some batteries SMD Meters and tools used on the installhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/ 16,000 watt walled silverado build.http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/ 8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60TEAM CNF Distribution
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.