I'm very interested in Judo, Its actually used in MMA fights. It does seem useful in the event of a random fight, I think that throws can only take you so far, So I would like to learn something that is a striking martial art. Correct me if I'm wrong, was Judo developed by an old woman to use the weight of the aggressor against them? So meaning that someone who does not have a lot of strength can overtake someone who is like twice their weight or above?

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I dont like to downplay any martial art, and respect everyone who trains in their disipline. Every martial art was created for what it was to be used for. Sport, self defense, or otherwise. If you're looking for just re-direction and submission, judo, or brazilian jujitsu is a good choice. Knowing what I know, I would go with Hopkido, it being a spin off of diato-ryu. It is mainly holds and re-directions that can be adapted to breaks if the situation calls for it.

I almost hate the fact I learned the art I did, I have to play dumb anytime anyone challenges me. Mainly because if it got serious, or if I messed up, they'd be dead or in the hospital. It also makes it very hard to watch MMA matches. Hell, my green belt test was being blindfolded and taking on 3 people at the same time. It is honestly an art to destroy, and end the fight as quickly as possible. Doing the max amount of damage, with the least amount of moves.

I respect every martial art but there are just some martial arts that just don't interest me. What martial art did you take? I'm guessing you take hapkido.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Woops sorry, I did not notice. I'm not one to ultimately kill my aggressor so I think this martial art is out of the question. Sorry.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I agree with smoke Thai boxing and kempo and bjj is great! judo is awesome too altho it takes a long time before your good enough to use it effectively

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

I'm not very good at controlling "moves" that require precision to not be fatal and non-fatal lol.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

How long do you think it would take to learn Judo to be effective? I plan to do martial arts until I feel comfortable enough to quit. at least 1st Dan or 2nd Dan.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I'm not very good at controlling "moves" that require precision to not be fatal and non-fatal lol.

Its all musle memory. The only time I even used what I learned was when I confronted someone who was trying to rape a friend of mine. She was twisted on some weed and drink and he was taking her pants off. She couldnt even speak. The fight ended up in the front yard. He pulled a knife. The fight ended with his friend taking him to the hospital. No charges where filed. I did find out he lived though. The whole fight lasted 90 seconds max.

Archived