Pioneer DEH-80PRS & Clarion 3 way X-over idea. Thoughts anyone?

OK bare with me some but i just finished an install with all RF power products and need to upgrade some key components. To start with i am replacing the cheap Pioneer deh1300mp for a new DEH-80PRS. System sounds loud and pretty clean for the HU thats in it but my rear sound stage is off and my passive system i now want an active system Starting with the DEH-80PRS, then using the high level output run through my LC7 linedriver to a Clarion MCD360 2/3 active crossover for more channels to crossover for the next upgrade idea, here it is.

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Audio Control LC7 Linedriver

Clarion MCD360 2/3 active xover

RF T400-4 running 2 sets of T265 comps fiber glassed in front doors active off HU (TWTs on High Pass, Woofers on mids pass)

RF T400-4 Bridged running 2 RF P3 8"-S in fiberglassed kicker panels off Clarion LPF

RF Power bd 1000a1 pushing 2012 T1D212" in Ported box in trunk @ 4ohm w/ 500 watts off HU xover.

RF PBR 300x4 pushin T265 comps in rear doors fiber glassed up off Clarion high & mid xover channels

Big 3 upgrade w/ 0 gauge

Optima quad post Blue Top under hood

2 runs of 0 gauge to Batteries in trunk

1 Kenetic HC 1800 for sub amp

1 Kenetic HC 600 for mids & Highs

All RF wiring, Fuses, doors sound deadened, box tuned at 34hz.

I know it will be alot of tuning, Use my DD-1 and time to balance and tune all channels. Looking to build a SQL system and have most everthing in but fiber glassing, couple more set of speakers and Clarion crossover. 8" subs. about another $800 in equipment and alot time fiber glassing.

Any thoughts?

I have seperate runs of RF 0 gauge running to each battery, the larger battery for sub amp and the smaller battery just runs mids & highs amps. I like rear fill and been thinking about down sizing the rear door speakers to T25.25 components. I didnt get very good info from Pioneer on what kind of signal the high level output from the HU is when in Network mode for active 3-way crossover.

the 80prs only has hpf settings for the front and rear speakers if I am correct. I will go out and check here in a minute

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

the 80prs only has hpf settings for the front and rear speakers if I am correct. I will go out and check here in a minute

No it doesn't in active mode the 80prs has a lpf for your sub lpf/hpf for your mids and hpf for your tweets. I have an 80prs.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

OP do you have all of these amps already?

I completely forgot about that setting :P

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

yes, i have all of these amps, the PBR 300x4 isnt installed, and i know what the functions of the DEH-80PRS is capable of except what the high level output signals will be in NW mode. you see what i am trying to do right? Add more RCA channels through my LC7 for mid bass up front and rear fill in back door. All active mode with components speakers. Pioneer hasnt given me a clear idea of what freq the high level outputs will be in NW mode. I know the internal amp is off in NW mode, and i know it will be challenging to tune. just dont want to 360,3 route, i suppose i could split the signal from the HU but that doesnt give me the midbass option up front like i would like.

Just searching for thoughts out there. Thanks for your input.

Archived