Second Skin Audio

SA-8 box for dodge dakota, box question

Stratostar250

That amp will be perfect for that sub as long as you have enough port area. i recommend about 12-15 sq. in. per foot. the main reason is because if it is lower the velocity of the air coming out of the will be too high and cause a buffering fan noise (port noise). I've been working on a science fair project about ported boxes and i used the exact same sub. ive been through about 10 different port options. with all that in your case i highly recommend to get as much port area as you can with a tuning frequency between 33-38 Hz. if you have any questions let me know! also if i have time i will design a box for you if you would like.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

my first box with 2 was 36hz and the 3 now is at 34hz..and right now the 36seems to be better but im not at full power so not really sure yet

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

hey man, thanks, i dont mind designing a box myself, and thanks for the help, i just have a couple questions, i more less understand port noise, but how exactly would you measure the 12 to 15 square inches per foot for the port, what exactly do you mean by this? like if the port was 12 inches long, you'd want at least 12 to 15 square inches of volume inside the port? is this what you are saying?

@bradprobert, was just looking at the box calculator again and realized that there is a port area per foot readout box. that makes this a little easier to figure out, haha, thanks for the info man!

@bigmescan, yeah, i gotta figure out how exactly i wanna port it, because i want it to be able to be good with all music, but i have a thirst for lows, so i may want to tune the box that way too hahaa, idk yet

@bradprobert, was just looking at the box calculator again and realized that there is a port area per foot readout box. that makes this a little easier to figure out, haha, thanks for the info man!

@bigmescan, yeah, i gotta figure out how exactly i wanna port it, because i want it to be able to be good with all music, but i have a thirst for lows, so i may want to tune the box that way too hahaa, idk yet

just as a reference the lower you tune your box the more port area you will need to compensate for the rise in air velocity coming out of the port. what im trying to say is its not just an 8 its an 8 with its big boy pants on.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Archived