Second Skin Audio

SA-8 box for dodge dakota, box question

Stratostar250

Yea just have to be careful not to unload it too much ... if you lost some of tbe port area you could tune lower ... maybe try making it a little shorter?

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

Also they say to keep the port at a 1:8or less ratio ... idk what the ill effects would be from your 1:19 lol but something to think about

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

it seems that most unloading issues are with multiple subs, but idk, not too positive on it, gotta look a little more, and who knows about that port ratio, lol, but ill look that up too, but thank you for mentioning about trying to shorten it, because i can actually drop the height of the port in the box, and probably lower the tuning. that's what im going to try to do now. lol

Yea man like I said im no expert but always glad to help the best of my abilities ... im torn myself .. cant decide if I wanna build new box for my 18 .. 4 8s ..2 12s .. my singke type r 12 ... I need to get rid of so of my extra stuff so I wont be tempted lol

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

yeah, man, i hear ya, but thanks, because all the stuff you say makes sense, regardless if you are an expert or not, and yeah, i hear ya, i made a box for my first sub back in the day, and one of the tinsels ripped on it, kinda easy fix, but i slapped an earthquake dbxi-10 in its place, and i kinda wanna build the right box for that to see how serious that thing is, haha, we always get tempted to do something in these things. ahahaha.

For sure man ... curiosity killed the cat ... and the wallet haha .. I kinda wanna get some of these sa8s but at the same time im trying to hold out to get more info on the new dc m3 8s ... I wanna surprise some locals when I show em a pair of 8s that out slammed their 15s lol

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

welp, here's what i did, i cut down the port size vertically, which, gives me more space :) widened the port a bit, and it did a real lot. Lowered the tuning, and more than halved that nasty port ratio (i looked this up, and it is certainly better to have a lower ratio) ratio is still a bit high, but i think i can deal with it, i kept the port areas still pretty up there though, and i used winisd to check for the amount of port noise possible, there is a little more than the last one i made, but i still think this box looks much more legit. And even though they keep getting better, I hope that this one should do it. hahaha.

boxfinaler.png

Archived