Second Skin Audio

SA-8 box for dodge dakota, box question

Stratostar250

@Joe X, this seems interesting, im not sure if i will go through with it, but i agree, this seems like it works well, also. I have never dealt with aero ports before though, and that is one thing that kinda scares me, and not to mention i have absolutley no idea how to bend an aero port, also, i am kinda stuck on the sizes i have written for the box, i put those into the calculator, and it doesn't change it much, but it does change it enough to maybe be a nuisance. I'll have to read more into aero ports, but i do like this idea, and will look it over. Thanks for your help!

You don't bend it, just but a fitting, also you can just not bend it but it will stick out more, anyways if you don't want to deal with aeros for now is ok but the flares do make a meaningful difference in suppressing port noise. If you decide to go with the slot round the inner edges of the port ends and at the turn.

yeah, that kinda slipped over my head, fittings make sense, haha, oops, im sure that makes it a lot easier, but yeah, i was def. considering rounding the inner edges of the port sides, i feel that i will probably stick with the slot ports for now, but seeing how the aero ports could also be so easy to make i will think it over for a little bit. But thanks again man, i really appreciate it!

On paper the new box does look alot better buddy ... id run with it if it were me lol ... build it and let me know how it does :-)

DFAC

Beating Down The Block

2013 Kenworth T-660 Studio Sleeper-The daily and Money maker

I do what I want -push it till it pops!

Archived