Antonio Moore Posted February 13, 2013 Report Posted February 13, 2013 I'm currently running RF t1 6x9 they're loud and clear but I have a lot more power (200rms) I could be using Just want some suggestion on really good 6x9 not looking for much bass from these. I'm aware that I could add 2 more sets of speakers but I would have to modify I don't want to modify so yeah. Current set up T600-4 T2 6.5 comps T1693 6x9 All Rockford fosgate
StoneCold455 Posted February 13, 2013 Report Posted February 13, 2013 Haven't actually heard them, but the alpine type-r 6x9's are supposed to be good. the current model
Antonio Moore Posted February 13, 2013 Author Report Posted February 13, 2013 SQ+6x9=whatNot sure what 6x9s u heard mine are clear and clean with my set up bass turned down it can get crappy if not tuned right
RooTxBeeR Posted February 13, 2013 Report Posted February 13, 2013 SQ Doesn't revolve around a lot more power. The more you push a driver, the more chance it will have distortion.There's no chance you can replace your 6x9's with a 6.5? On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
8ight Posted February 13, 2013 Report Posted February 13, 2013 The shape of a 6x9s cone doesn't exactly lend itself to high-fidelity performance. I would get some 6x9 to 6.5 adapters and put some nice components in their place. What I consider "clear" and what I consider "quality" are very different things, my cars mids/highs are loud as shit and can't sound good (to me) because of that alone but that's what I need for the stupid amount of bass I'll be soon to have. I'm gonna hate
Antonio Moore Posted February 13, 2013 Author Report Posted February 13, 2013 SQ Doesn't revolve around a lot more power. The more you push a driver, the more chance it will have distortion.There's no chance you can replace your 6x9's with a 6.5? Hmm I don't think so they're a little too round sounds like a good idea though maybe I could make a few changes 6.5 would sound a lot better..
Antonio Moore Posted February 13, 2013 Author Report Posted February 13, 2013 The shape of a 6x9s cone doesn't exactly lend itself to high-fidelity performance. I would get some 6x9 to 6.5 adapters and put some nice components in their place. What I consider "clear" and what I consider "quality" are very different things, my cars mids/highs are loud as shit and can't sound good (to me) because of that alone but that's what I need for the stupid amount of bass I'll be soon to have. Ya sounds good I have comps in my front " RF t2" sounds great I could very well be confusing the sq from my comps over the 6x9s? Who knows but adaptor is good idea
8ight Posted February 13, 2013 Report Posted February 13, 2013 The shape of a 6x9s cone doesn't exactly lend itself to high-fidelity performance. I would get some 6x9 to 6.5 adapters and put some nice components in their place. What I consider "clear" and what I consider "quality" are very different things, my cars mids/highs are loud as shit and can't sound good (to me) because of that alone but that's what I need for the stupid amount of bass I'll be soon to have. Ya sounds good I have comps in my front " RF t2" sounds great I could very well be confusing the sq from my comps over the 6x9s? Who knows but adaptor is good idea I'm sure the 6x9s don't sound bad or anything I have just always favored 6.5s or anything round for that matter, I've had better luck with getting good sound out of them without much tweaking. EDIT: Speakers will blend, get some great sounding speakers and some not so good sounding ones and play them together for a slightly louder setup with sound quality somewhere in between what the two sets are capable of. Again, I highly doubt your 6x9s sound BAD I really enjoy the sound signature Rockford speakers have. I'm gonna hate
bcbrassard Posted February 13, 2013 Report Posted February 13, 2013 Are you running the T1692s or T1693s? i hace a pair of the T1692s in my son Tahoe getting about 108 watts RMS of a RF P500-4 and they are plenty loud with a fair amount of Mid Bass. you would have to look at Candence, i think they have like a 300 watt 2 or 3 way set up. just uncommonto get much higher power from 6x9s. I think RF are some of the highest. they have huge magnets thats for sure. Where are your located? Most peopl run 6.5 in there place, hell you could put a 8" pro driver in there with some minor mods. RF Punch Pro 8" for loudness but there not SQ speakers, ment for SPL.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.