Wire size for tweeters and 6.5s

Nate197

Depends on what we are talking about. Usually quality of wire should be addressed first. Are you running component passive speaker set up or wiring mids & tweeters sepewrately from amps? I ran RF 12 gauge to crossovers from amp and RF 16 gauge from there to each Tweeter and woofer. Just dont go st small or use cheap wire, it will degrade the signal and can make the best amps & speakers sound like shit. Never skimp on the wiring of any kind. its the foundation to any systen just like your electrical system to run all equipment. take your time and money to do it right the first time. all else is a fairly easy upgrade later on.

godd luck.

Depends on what we are talking about. Usually quality of wire should be addressed first. Are you running component passive speaker set up or wiring mids & tweeters sepewrately from amps? I ran RF 12 gauge to crossovers from amp and RF 16 gauge from there to each Tweeter and woofer. Just dont go st small or use cheap wire, it will degrade the signal and can make the best amps & speakers sound like shit. Never skimp on the wiring of any kind. its the foundation to any systen just like your electrical system to run all equipment. take your time and money to do it right the first time. all else is a fairly easy upgrade later on.

godd luck.

take his advise i learned it the hard way..

Anything from 12 to 16 ga. is fine for non sub. I run 12 ga for to my doors (higher power 200+ watts) but that is probably overkill too. lol

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived