Misc. Sealed off trunk - '01Stratus *Gutted*

Looks pretty sick! More power?... They might play lower when they loosen up a bit

I have a bit more power on tap if I tune the amp on the -10dB tone. I just want to get used to it right now and know it's limitations. Sooooo not used to all the flex everywhere lol. I found out they hit the lows just fine :peepwall: I just need the windows down.

Here's a vid. I figured I should get something up lol. Quality is horrific, just a heads up. It's the camera that has survived me smashing it and dropping stuff on it.

I did notice a smell. I hope its not them starting to get stinky. I didn't know if they put off a smell when they are new or not. This is the second time that I have played them this long. After playing it with the windows up, I put them down and played a few songs, HUGE difference. Much louder/more flex.

I will get some vids that should be 1080 or 720 here in a few weeks.

looking good and clean... what ohm load are your subs on?

1 ohm

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Looks pretty sick! More power?... They might play lower when they loosen up a bit

I have a bit more power on tap if I tune the amp on the -10dB tone. I just want to get used to it right now and know it's limitations. Sooooo not used to all the flex everywhere lol. I found out they hit the lows just fine :peepwall: I just need the windows down.

Here's a vid. I figured I should get something up lol. Quality is horrific, just a heads up. It's the camera that has survived me smashing it and dropping stuff on it.

I did notice a smell. I hope its not them starting to get stinky. I didn't know if they put off a smell when they are new or not. This is the second time that I have played them this long. After playing it with the windows up, I put them down and played a few songs, HUGE difference. Much louder/more flex.

looking good and clean... what ohm load are your subs on?

1 ohm

cool. should be more then enough to loosen them babys up. maybe down the road you can put another 1k on to it once its been well broken in.

it almost looks like it could be coming through from that rear light as well. Check that out. I dont see how it would come from the bottom of the car though. It has to be the ant. or light.

also a lil tip. When you are metering put a piece of pvc in the gap when the back seats are folded down in between the seat and trunk. its good for a tenth or two ;)

I also gained when I took the carpet off my box. But i know you want it to look factory.

Ha thanks for that tip! Question, if I did compete, what event would I want to go into? I get so mind boggled when looking at all the different classes.

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Nice build. How do you like that knu deadener? I was thinking of getting some myself.

It's pretty good. Of course I don't know how many rattles that there would have been with out it, but still. No rattles can be heard from the inside. There are spots on the outside where I didn't apply it (on the inside) and it rattles there

Needs another batt and 2200 strapped to them...then look out.

very nice build and a fine example of how a trunk box is truly sealed off. i love how you did the trim panels angled. so everything fires forward. thats how i do mine. The only thing i dnt like is carpet lol. i usally use paint. carpet kills spl imo. no trim panels in the trunk around the box?

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

very nice build and a fine example of how a trunk box is truly sealed off. i love how you did the trim panels angled. so everything fires forward. thats how i do mine. The only thing i dnt like is carpet lol. i usally use paint. carpet kills spl imo. no trim panels in the trunk around the box?

Ha I'm not finished yet. I still have that trim panel that will cover up battery. I also have the factory carpet that goes over the wheel well. Won't see any metal when its fully done. I'm just taking a break since I basically spent every free hour I had towards the end here. I also don't care if the carpet kills spl, I want a factory/nice look to the box. Painting would have been WAYY easier but carpet was more worth it to me.

Lol you do realize these are SDC2.5s, not HDC3's right?

Lol you do realize these are SDC2.5s, not HDC3's right?

Oops missed that, I was looking for cone movement and such. You can go up in power IMO just keep it clean.

Yeah I am still a bit weary with the volume as it is now. I know at full tilt everything is clean, but there is some kind a smell when it starts going. I am assuming it is just that new smell and not the coils starting to get smelly. I was playing full tilt for about 10 mins straight and the dust caps weren't even warm. So I don't think it is the coils.

Archived