Misc. Sealed off trunk - '01Stratus *Gutted*

so far so good. I have the same trunk got it up to a 50.9 before i walled the car..

Did you ever find out what your car peaked at before you walled?

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I jinxed myself when I brought the CC.1 and the DD.1 out with me today thinking I could get the amps in and tune them.

Wiring up subwoofers. I put a ring terminal on each end. Then used a bolt and a wing nut with some rubber washers to secure them together. I then wrapped it to hell in electrical tape. I put a piece of weather stripping in there for good measures.

SDC15179_zpsce624e5f.jpg

SDC15180_zps147e7d35.jpg

Caulked the inside.

SDC15181_zps8077109a.jpg

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

subs are in :D smexy

SDC15182_zps6ad7c0a4.jpg

SDC15183_zps93c224b3.jpg

Seats back in

SDC15185_zps91a1cdc2.jpg

Whala!

SDC15186_zps112ac2b0.jpg

Started cleaning up wiring on/around box.

SDC15184_zps18c14cc6.jpg

This is all that is left to install ftw. The thing wrapped in a towel is the 100.4

SDC15187_zpsf51e395f.jpg

Thanks! Sure amazed my parents when they saw it. They couldn't believe how nice it looked, since it was looking rough for awhile

really appreciate the work that goes into sealed off trunk builds....keep it up, it looks super clean!

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

really appreciate the work that goes into sealed off trunk builds....keep it up, it looks super clean!

Thanks!

That looks sooo clean! Its like it was factory made to part of the car. Excellent work bro.

Thanks, my whole goal was to make it look factory as possible. The only things that look out of the ordinary once everything is in will be the radio and the volt meter. That's why I made those adapters for the 6.5 and tweet.

Got all the wires figured out (lengths and where to mount). If I had about two more hours of time I could have this thing playing :peepwall:

I forgot to mention, yesterday when I was putting the caulking around the speaker wire, I bumped the drill, which landed on my camera. Smashed the LED screen. So the pictures are taken with me not knowing how well focused they are. That's why I hesitate to bring out an expensive camera :D

My last 1/0 soldered of the build. Feels good. (sorry it's out of focus)

SDC15188_zps74eb78be.jpg

compared to my first one :lol2:

IMG_5023_zpsc535795e.jpg

Here is a general idea of how my fusing is.

SDC15189_zpsdaab2855.jpg

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff gotta figure out where the water is getting in at tomorrow.

SDC15191_zpsc15b8dfe.jpg

Archived