LPF all the way up on amp then setting it by head unit?

my friend told me this little trick he found out, he said tony posted it but couldnt find anything on it...you set the LPF all the way on your amp and you set your LPF on your deck to the lowest, so like 50 or 60hz. he said he got louder by doing that, bc the LPF actually controls power? wanted to see if this was true and if so, is it bad? never heard of this till today

thats how i do it, i dont use the amps filters....headunit and volume for below tuning :)

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Did that on my wife's new Pioneer... except no filters set on the amps... but it didn't get "louder" lol, just need to reset your gains.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

im guessing your friend got louder because the amp was not tuned right.. i go full range on deck and tune the amps with the CC-1 ftmfw

...or 80 or whatever. I like changing it at the HU because some music (more acoustical) likes the xover point at 63hz and bassheavy music sounds better at 80hz. But that's just in my wife's car. In mine 70hz all day long

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Some head units let you choose different crossover slopes as well as points. On an amp you need to do a little extra work to know exactly where your filter is set at, since they aren't calibrated to the printing of the numbers on the amp case.

Some people prefer a steeper slope and some prefer a flatter slope.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D