So right now I have big 3 done stock electrical. I have a d6500 waiting to be dropped in, and a singer 250a alt on the way. I'm going to have a few battery's in the back as well. Where do I need to fuse? Stock electrical except big 3 aren't going to be fused. Grounds obv no. I am going to have 2 runs of 1/0 IFC to the read, each is fused like 8 inches from battery under good but what size fuse should they be. And should the alt to battery be fused? And what size. Also should I fuse at the back battery as well? And then from there ill run to my amps which again will be fused at whatever the amps are... And is two runs to the rear enough? It's ofc 1/0 knuconcepts... And should I have grounds running to rear as well?

Thanks!

Fuse for the rating of the wire.

I would fuse 8" from bat+ to alt

front battery to rear, also a fuse 8" from the rear battery to the front one, so you have two + runs, 4 fuses will be needed in those runs.

Then fuse off of the back battery to each amp.

If you have your rear batteries close to each other, and the runs of wire are going to be short, there isn't a real need to fuse.

If there is going to be ANY risk of that wire chafing on metal and shorting out then you should fuse.

imo you can't go wrong with overkill in fusing. I rather be safe than even have the risk of my car going up in flames.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

If your wire is 1/0 knu OFC then fuse for 300A. It tells you what it is capable in the item description: http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX0BL

When you are fusing the wire that is going to your amplifier, you can fuse for what the amplifier is rated for if you wanted, that way if the amplifier had an internal short or something, and started drawing over what it was intended to, then the fuse will blow. Where as if you fused for the wire, the amplifier would continue to draw excessive power until it blew the fuse rated for the wire, by that time the amplifier would be more than likely fried.

The main thing to look out for is not to over fuse the wire.

i.e. wire is capable of a 200A load, and you put an 250A ANL fuse.

Edit: Didn't realize that if can support up to 375A at 20'. So if you are running less than a 20' run than you can fuse at 375A if you really wanted.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived