DD-1 Question

CommonSyns

I just have a quick question for the DD-1. I have a friend who has a Pontiac with the bose system, The car has a stock bose speakers and a stock amplifier but an aftermarket HU and an aftermarket sub and amp. My question is how do I test for clipping at the stock amplifier? Or can I just test for clipping through just the sub amp? Or would that make the balance uneven by only measuring just the subwoofer amp and not the speaker amp? I want to do everything right the first time, as I wont be here after I tune his system due to moving to TN. How do I test for clipping on a stock amplifier?

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

i have the g8

and i splice into the low voltage imput to the stock amp and ran that to the new amp

what he should be doing is removing the stock sub amp next to battery or turning it all the way down on the gain, and not using it

then just test the new amp with zero gain to test H/U

As mine is the Australian version is may be a bit different to yours, but 32 is what i got on mine before clipping with a 0 treble, -6 mid bass, 0 bass

and 28 with all at zero

That would help if it was going to be installed but everything was already installed years ago. I just recently got the DD-1 and CC-1. After I tuned the system that my friend is loaning me he wanted a demo and now he wants me to tune his system correctly. It has the bose system but it has an aftermarket Head Unit, Subwoofer Amplifier, and Subwoofer. I'm just wondering how do I use the DD-1 with the stock amplifier and then the aftermarket amplifier.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

do it the same way do any other amp

if its the stock system, there is still a gain nob, turn it down, connect to the speaker positive and ground

and on aftermarket stuff, tune the gain all the way down play the cd and check h/u through the amp

there are plenty of vids on youtube on how to check h/u through amp,

So the stock speaker amplifier has a gain knob? I never knew that, I'll look into it.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

What if the speakers are directly connected to the HU but not the stock amplifier? Do I have to measure both the head unit first and then the subwoofer amp?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

But can I still do the subwoofer amp? I also can't find anything about a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix bose speaker amplifier, I just tried google to no avail.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Archived