Looking for BIG 12" subs that handle 2.5-3K daily

vetkilr01

Subs like that shouldn't be used in 4th orders motor force is too great you will blow coils left and right

Explain??? Haven't seen this yet.

The sealed part of the box keeps the suspension from moving with a woofer with so much motor force it causes too much heat in the coil because it isn't moving enough to cool it then Shit melts

if anything I heard the opposite, that the sealed section keeps the subs under control so therefore you can run more power to them without launching cones left and right, but I can see how having the coil just sit in the gap with power going to it would generate too much heat, didn't some people have this issue with the old lvl 6's?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Subs like that shouldn't be used in 4th orders motor force is too great you will blow coils left and right

Explain??? Haven't seen this yet.

The sealed part of the box keeps the suspension from moving with a woofer with so much motor force it causes too much heat in the coil because it isn't moving enough to cool it then Shit melts

Motorforce has nothing to do with heat (except higher motor force motors typically have beefy coils and have higher power ratings), if anything motors with higher force would move more and cool more effectively than a small motor in the same enclosure if all other variables were the same (spiders, box, coils, etc)

I'm thinking this...but soft parts have to be up to snuff forsure

Call Jacob and ask him why he said do not run sa 8s in 4th orders same reason the DC website says not to use lvl5s in sealed boxes

Fine do it who the hell am I I know nothing

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

False. Blowing surrounds is much more likely. I had two TRF 18's in a 4th order with a small sealed section, blew the surround off the cone, reglued and it never happened again.

May not have happened to you but there is A reason sub manufacturers don't recommend sealed or 4th order boxes for subs with extreme motor force

Because manufacturers don't want to have to warranty soft part failures from extreme conditions, same reason they say 1k rms instead of 3k rms on their sites. People who do toss these subs in 4th orders know of the risks involved, and melting coils is not one of those risks (without stupid amounts of power, refer back to knowing risks involved)

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Tantric SHD. The motor weighs 88-89 lbs, 4" vc. Then the Tantric HDD is 3" vc 56lb motor 2,500w rms.

do they make SHD 12's?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

And just realized this was a wtb.... my bad. Look for some beefy 4" VC motors, like the tantric listed above, tc sounds 5200 or 5400s, crossfire xsv2's etc.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Tantric SHD. The motor weighs 88-89 lbs, 4" vc. Then the Tantric HDD is 3" vc 56lb motor 2,500w rms.

do they make SHD 12's?

Yes, otherwise I wouldn't be typing that. I am talking to the owner right now. They are huge subs.

Archived