Sundown Audio

Digital Designs M4 and Z1 protection "issues"

AmmoJammo

Amps don't get warm, they can be stone cold and still go in to protect.

Not sure about my battery voltage, or what they're floating at, but it's in the 13's at best.

0.5ohm and clipping is the only way to roll ;)

you dont have a volt meter connected to you amp inputs?

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Amps don't get warm, they can be stone cold and still go in to protect.

Not sure about my battery voltage, or what they're floating at, but it's in the 13's at best.

0.5ohm and clipping is the only way to roll ;)

Well if you don't want to go out and measure the voltage then you could check your headunit/RCA's for DC voltage.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

I'm curious about what's causing the amps to go into protect though... yes they are being pushed to, and perhaps beyond their limits, but which protect "feature" is causing them to shut down...

Voltage gauge? who needs one of those! :P

Well if you don't want to go out and measure the voltage then you could check your headunit/RCA's for DC voltage.

Batteries aren't connected anymore, as my car is needing to go in for repairs, so I can't do much with battery voltages right now anyway.

RCA voltage and offset I'll look in to sometime.

I'm curious about what's causing the amps to go into protect though... yes they are being pushed to, and perhaps beyond their limits, but which protect "feature" is causing them to shut down...

if you dont have a real time voltage meter to watch your voltage as u play how do you know what your dropping to?

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

pretty sure clipping while strapped with two high end amps is a bad thing, gonna cost you more in the long run. lead acid batteries might be hurting your friend not the best for voltage drop. check all your grounds for resistance find a new spot if you need to may need more pos/neg runs to amps. check all your voice coils separately make sure you havent toasted one already get the batts checked separately one bad one could do you in. get a cheap volt ohm meter from homedpot 10-15 bux good luck

if you dont have a real time voltage meter to watch your voltage as u play how do you know what your dropping to?

I never said I did know? But as I said, more batteries, or a fully charged battery bank, is when the issue occurs.

thats the first thing i would do is install one or two and get back to us here on your voltage drop. what alternators you running?

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

pretty sure clipping while strapped with two high end amps is a bad thing, gonna cost you more in the long run. lead acid batteries might be hurting your friend not the best for voltage drop. check all your grounds for resistance find a new spot if you need to may need more pos/neg runs to amps. check all your voice coils separately make sure you havent toasted one already get the batts checked separately one bad one could do you in. get a cheap volt ohm meter from homedpot 10-15 bux good luck

20121019145643.jpg

Batteries aren't connected anymore, as my car is needing to go in for repairs, so I can't do much with battery voltages right now anyway.

RCA voltage and offset I'll look in to sometime.

Look up the manual of your amp and check the troubleshooting. :)

All the protections are in there, i suggest it's the voltage or DC offset protection circuit. ( it can't be the thermal if they aren't getting warm, and it shouldn't be a speaker short)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived