Craigslist seller no response

I'd knock but it sounds a little sketch

How so?

I would probably freak out if someone found out my address from craigslist then came knocking on my door. Just be careful.

3K83G73Hf5Nb5L25Mbd2bafaabcd8a7a51f0b.jp

Im looking to sell my car before I leave for basic training in 2 weeks.

Everything is fine with the car . I have never had to take. It to the
shop or anything. I did have to change the tire so there is a spare on
it now. The original rim is in the trunk.. the inside is in good
condition. The dash has 2 cracks (I bought it that way)

There's also 2 small dents in the rear. Bumper

Price. Was 2500 but I need it gone asap so ill give. It away for 1800

No title. But I can get it from the dealership

Call ***-***-****

Don't waste my time please

Chris

Well I obviously wouldnt tell them how I got there. And technically I have a buddy that does mow lawns one block over so I could just say that my girlfriend and I were looking through craigslist ads when my buddy said he recognized the car.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

not to sound like the dick here, but if i had someone come to my house about a craigslist ad and i didn't post my address i'd have my gun out, the dude on the floor, and i'd be asking a lot of questions. then i'd say there was a reason i didn't answer the phone and say that if they ever come there again they WILL be shot. idk, that would just freak me out pretty bad personally...

and god forbid that they are a drug dealer or something. then you would have a pretty good chance of having a big conflict.

so in my opinion, dont do it... to some people their house is their "safe place" and when you make someone feel unsafe in there safe place then there is a high chance of conflict.

not to sound like the dick here, but if i had someone come to my house about a craigslist ad and i didn't post my address i'd have my gun out, the dude on the floor, and i'd be asking a lot of questions. then i'd say there was a reason i didn't answer the phone and say that if they ever come there again they WILL be shot. idk, that would just freak me out pretty bad personally...

and god forbid that they are a drug dealer or something. then you would have a pretty good chance of having a big conflict.

so in my opinion, dont do it... to some people their house is their "safe place" and when you make someone feel unsafe in there safe place then there is a high chance of conflict.

+1 for greeting your buyer with a gun lol

Then what do you suggest we do?

EDIT: Should I email him? No one has suggested that.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

+1 for greeting your buyer with a gun lol

the same way i greet everyone at the door. i am a lanky 120lbs white dude and i have one hand, i'm taking no chances personally lol. i wouldn't consider them a "buyer" just by looking at them through the window, i would look at them as some randoms on my door step that i didnt invite.

and to the op- definitely try the email. did you leave a message with your number? if there is no answering machine i understand your frustration, but if you have left a message then there must be a reason they havent gotten back to you. you might try just driving around your town looking for cars with for sale signs in parking lots and peoples yards. from what i've seen it's a great way to find the best deals.

EDIT- just realized you said the voicemail isn't set up

Don't say you saw it on Craigslist...just knock and say you were wondering.if they were interested in selling the car or not

Me and my dad do it all the time with cars we see, have actually scored some sweet deals.

People will be like " yeah now that you mention it I have been.thinking of selling it'

Team Flex Issues

if you are really set on this car then maybe go with the 'your buddy recognized it' story like you said and leave a note on the car saying something like "hi, i've been looking at a car like this on craigslist and i showed the ad to a friend who happens to mows lawns in your neighborhood and he said he thinks this is the car from the ad. sorry to bother you if this isn't the right person, but if it is i havent been able to get a hold of you via your listed number, but i'm very interested. here is my number 555-555-555."

that would be a lot less creepy for sure in my opinion.

Archived