Second Skin Audio

Spacer?

loganberry

ok so can i use these spacers http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ONE-PAIR-10...Q2em118Q2el1247

on this box http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2004-2007-FORD-F15...1QQcmdZViewItem

to fit lvl 3 dc subs? 6.25" mounting depth

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I guess if you wanted your box to look strange, you could use them. It may look a lil cheap IMO.

They are only 5/8 of a inch thick, and you need a 1/2 of clearence.

One panel should give you enough clearance, but I would almost use 2 "spacers" per sub to raise the clearance some more to give the vent pole piece on the magnet to breath. Not sure if the dc lvl 4s have them or not, but more then likely that do.

In reality tho, you are better off just going to menards, homedepot, lowes, etc and go buying a half sheet of 3/4" or 1" thick mdf and cut out your own "spacers", then most likely 1 spacer per sub would be enough, and its going to be way cheaper for that small piece of mdf then spending $5 on those rings and another $11 shipping.

I guess if you wanted your box to look strange, you could use them. It may look a lil cheap IMO.

They are only 5/8 of a inch thick, and you need a 1/2 of clearence.

One panel should give you enough clearance, but I would almost use 2 "spacers" per sub to raise the clearance some more to give the vent pole piece on the magnet to breath. Not sure if the dc lvl 4s have them or not, but more then likely that do.

In reality tho, you are better off just going to menards, homedepot, lowes, etc and go buying a half sheet of 3/4" or 1" thick mdf and cut out your own "spacers", then most likely 1 spacer per sub would be enough, and its going to be way cheaper for that small piece of mdf then spending $5 on those rings and another $11 shipping.

ok thanks, ill use 3/4 mdf and just paint it black, no1 is gonna see it its under the seat, and im usin lvl 3, i cant fit lvl 4 =(...how will 2 10" lvl 3's sound in that box you think.

of a t1k

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

You might wanna measure how much clearance up have between the box and the seat, in some trucks I have seen problems with the sub rubbing against the bottom of the seat, and the space sure wouldn't help that.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

You might wanna measure how much clearance up have between the box and the seat, in some trucks I have seen problems with the sub rubbing against the bottom of the seat, and the space sure wouldn't help that.

the subs down fire, and if u see the box there is about a inch of clearence for the subs xcursion, so i would have to make that larger too

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

(...how will 2 10" lvl 3's sound in that box you think.

Honestly??

Dont take this the wrong way, but I dont think it will be too good at all, may sound like ass :(

The box looks hella cheap!!!

It looks like its only 5/8" thick at the most, probolly 1/2" tho......

Its probolly just glued together with cheap glue also....

and the box is sealed. Its the perfect size for the lvl 3s sealed, but ported will be much louder.

Most likely you can build your own box and have it turn out better and bigger.

prefab is not the way too go...!

Honestly??

Dont take this the wrong way, but I dont think it will be too good at all, may sound like ass :(

The box looks hella cheap!!!

It looks like its only 5/8" thick at the most, probolly 1/2" tho......

Its probolly just glued together with cheap glue also....

and the box is sealed. Its the perfect size for the lvl 3s sealed, but ported will be much louder.

Most likely you can build your own box and have it turn out better and bigger.

prefab is not the way too go...!

yea but when you have extremely limited space, building your own box is not going to be larger at all, i dont have the measurements they do, so idk to much about how to build it like that, and there isnt enuf room for ported, unless i buy to small ass plastic ports and shove them in there

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

Archived