iPod Touch 4G USB Playback Issues

Anyways I have a 4th gen ipod touch and when hooked up to my kenwood KDC-x395 there's a popping/crackling sound that I can hear randomly during every song I play, doesn't matter what volume it's at, the higher I go in volume obviously the louder the sound, it only recently started happening and i've had this ipod for 8 months now. At first I thought it might be the headunit but I ruled that out because I tested the ipod on 3 different headunits with USB and they all did the same, kenwood, alpine, and pioneer. Now my question is for those of you that have had the same issue how did you resolve it? Restoring the ipod? changing the format of the music files? I'm thinking it's a software issue but i'm not quite sure.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Anyways I have a 4th gen ipod touch and when hooked up to my kenwood KDC-x395 there's a popping/crackling sound that I can hear randomly during every song I play, doesn't matter what volume it's at, the higher I go in volume obviously the louder the sound, it only recently started happening and i've had this ipod for 8 months now. At first I thought it might be the headunit but I ruled that out because I tested the ipod on 3 different headunits with USB and they all did the same, kenwood, alpine, and pioneer. Now my question is for those of you that have had the same issue how did you resolve it? Restoring the ipod? changing the format of the music files? I'm thinking it's a software issue but i'm not quite sure.

i get the same thing try new cable
He said he tried 3 different head units. Why would you suggest a new cable?

Op, might sound dumb but is there any dirt or dust in the plug on the iPod?

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

i get the same thing try new cable
He said he tried 3 different head units. Why would you suggest a new cable?

Op, might sound dumb but is there any dirt or dust in the plug on the iPod?

I used compressed air to clean it out already, just aggravates me that this started out of the blue

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Well ghost rider your problem was a cable. But that doesn't sound like op's issue.

Op have you tried a different iPod with your head unit?

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Nope it's the iPod. Only way to fix this is to get a new iPod.

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Well ghost rider your problem was a cable. But that doesn't sound like op's issue.

Op have you tried a different iPod with your head unit?

no I haven't, I ruled out the headunit being the problem when I tested my ipod on 3 other headunits and they all had the same issue, and those other 3 headunits always run ipods via USB, i'm thinking it has to do with the last time I restored it maybe something went wrong in one of the files, idk, gonna try to restore the ipod and see if the issue goes away.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Did you not even read my post dude?

Well if he wants to restore it first to see if he can save some money before throwing out $300 on a replacement iPod, why stop him? Let him try the free method before the expensive alternative.

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Heros get remembered, but legends never die.

Doubt it's going to work lol

And no he doesn't have to throw away his iPod. Call whoever he bought and get a new one. Say it's getting feedback. Hope you didn't drop it or get water damage so they have nothing to blame it on.

In the meantime use a diff iPod or use a 3.5 M&M jack.

By all means try the restore. I hope it works for you. For me it didn't

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Archived