Would you do this?

definitely dont run .5ohm.

amps are slightly more efficient when they are not strapped.

buy a voltage meter and install it where you can keep an eye on it while demoing. it'll tell you what you can and cant do.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I got a pretty good deal on the equipment so I'll probably stay with skar.

I see... didn't realize that.... must've skipped over that.... my badd

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

I kinda have a volt meter on my head unit, But I don't know how accurate it is. The head unit is a Pioneer 80PRS.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

get a real volt meter so you dont melt your gear.

"i kinda have a seat belt... I mean the steering wheel wont let me go through the windshield right?"

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Well, I'm pretty sure its a volt meter, on the DEH-80PRS it has a meter in the bottom right corner of head unit, Fluctuates whenever bass hits.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

what's it connected to? the voltage going to the head unit? cause that tells you NOTHING. majority of people have volt meters measuring the voltage going to the amps to see what the amp is getting. Tell me, want to replace an amp or a head unit? Just cause your head unit gets so much voltage doesn't mean your amp is necessarily. There are some people who have 2 volt meters. See what the amp and something else are getting. I know Imma do that for at least a day or so, see how it fluctuates.

I think though to answer your main question, you'd be fine for demos for a short time on what you have. A volt meter hooked to the amps would definitely be the real answer, as if it was dropping too low? You know you gotta stop or just not go so hard.

Sheena = pedobear

I actually don't know what its connected to, It came installed in the deck, Its embedded into the faceplate as a digital meter.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

chances are, connected to the deck... measuring that voltage. 99% sure of that. I'm not saying worthless, as that's good to have too. But, when you're talking about doing a demo or whatnot, you don't want your amp to fry. want to make sure that's good to go and measuring what your head unit is getting? eh. You can get a cheap one that'll do the job from ebay or whatnot. $25 max.

Sheena = pedobear

I'm getting 2 subwoofer amps 1 to each sub, how would I wire them up without harming the voltage meter? I'm guessing positive from vm to positive amp and negative vm to negative amp?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Just checked the manual for the volt meter on the 80PRS you are correct it only monitors battery voltage for the vehicle.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Archived