Sonic Electronix

economy has realy been pressing hard on peoples' walletts so they have no money for de booms

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

The more i look on local craigslist i realize how many people have great sytems that ive never seen or heard before!

When I look at the Louisville Craigslist, its sad that I can pretty accurately tell whom is selling what.

cantrickzz2_zps4af94aa5.gif

Can Tricks Available

http://www.snoopdan.com

Team Bangn' on a Budget

Car audio is not dying, rather it is being repressed. Think of where you typically see nice setups... Usually in a more populated area- Houston, Miami, Southern Cali, just to name a few. In those urban areas car audio is still vibrant, however in smaller towns people tend to not have the money for quality. The ignorant media hype of brands like Kicker, Sony, and all that are blinding the average consumer. The economy is partially to blame, but the inexperience is what gives the negative connotation to car audio. Ignorance is bliss.

I have to say that I feel like it is a little weaker than when I was 16 (I am 36 now). When I started out, even in WV you couldn't pull up to a stoplight and not here someone banging. And at the 3-4 shows we had (am from Parkersburg so reasonable size city for WV) you could count on at least 8-10 cars in every division.

The car club I used to roll with held an event 5 years ago where we rented out the entire city park in Chesapeake VA. Literally hundreds of cars were there, we had live music and held a bass off in conjunction with the car show. There were only like 10-12 people out of at least 250 cars there that had systems and entered the bass off. For some of you Virginia guys, you may remember Seven City Scions and our annual ESSB. We had one at the city park and the other we actually rented (well we got Scion to pay for it lol) the Virginia Beach Convention Center.

The point is, both of our shows had between 100-250 cars entering the car show portion, and both shows had less than 20 competitors in the car audio portion. Hell, I took 2 trophys for some weak ass (no offense to Alpine fans, good speakers but my setup was weak) Type-R 12s in a prefab on a 500W monoblock alpine amp.. that shit wasn't even bolted down, I just put it in there for the show lol. Not to sound old, but 20 years ago (literally 20 years hehe) at a show with 250 cars, you would have had at least 50-60 with competitive sound systems.

Maybe car audio isn't dieing everywhere, but it is weaker around here than it used to be.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

I think car audio is surely dying, another art killed by the "good enough" attitude of this generation. "Why would I buy all that when my stock sound is good enough?" "My stock system already has bass." "I don't need all that/don't know how to use it."

I'm gonna hate

Archived