Sundown Audio

AudioPipe 1800D

EricDoody95

at this point i think you're just posting to troll.

the amps are trash. bottom line.

The Ap are fine.. Just answering the guy's question. I showd proof of what they are capable of.

Whats yours? I'm guessing from word of mouth.. I'm not patrolling, you are.

X

If you consider about a million credible posters with experience on this forum alone.. than yeah I think his proof is word of mouth. OP: save your money get something tried and proven thats worthwhile

It may put out 1500, however it clips the shit around 1100.

yea see that's where the problem lies with AP amps... I had my 1800 on a pair of "2000rms" each Lanzars (you would think that "4000w" of sub could more than handle an 1800w amp... so I put the amp on the subs and turned that b*** all the way up) took less than 24 hours of which only about 4 of those I was actually using it and they started smoking like crazy and then popped cuz I was probably WAY past the clipping threshold... and I mean I know it was Lanzar the probably weren't actually anywhere near 2k rms but unless they're rated like 4x what they can actually do I don't think they got fried from over power lol

I've seen all brands of amps go up in smoke. I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. But at least you had one..

X

amp didn't go up in smoke amp clipped the sound and the subs went up in smoke. and I did say for budget the amp isn't terrible but it doesn't SAFELY do rated either, if it does get rated it would still be clipping like crazy which will fuck the shit out of the subs no matter what brand the subs are but especially if you're already over powering the subs as it is and then you also clip them on top of that. from my experience probably much higher than 1/2 - 2/3 power and that amp will start to clip the signal (have not personally tested this with any kinda DD1 or scope, just going from listening to it)

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

yea see that's where the problem lies with AP amps... I had my 1800 on a pair of "2000rms" each Lanzars (you would think that "4000w" of sub could more than handle an 1800w amp... so I put the amp on the subs and turned that b*** all the way up) took less than 24 hours of which only about 4 of those I was actually using it and they started smoking like crazy and then popped cuz I was probably WAY past the clipping threshold... and I mean I know it was Lanzar the probably weren't actually anywhere near 2k rms but unless they're rated like 4x what they can actually do I don't think they got fried from over power lol

I've seen all brands of amps go up in smoke. I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. But at least you had one..

X

amp didn't go up in smoke amp clipped the sound and the subs went up in smoke. and I did say for budget the amp isn't terrible but it doesn't SAFELY do rated either, if it does get rated it would still be clipping like crazy which will fuck the shit out of the subs no matter what brand the subs are but especially if you're already over powering the subs as it is and then you also clip them on top of that. from my experience probably much higher than 1/2 - 2/3 power and that amp will start to clip the signal

Is this really happening? The gain knob isnt a volume button.. of course it wrecked your subs..

LOL another awesome AP thread..where is Kranny..they wen't full "attack of the newbs" on him last time..he is probably staying out of this one.

OP audiopipe sucks...don't do rated or even close...the 1500 falls short of 1000w clean power..thats not even 2/3's the power it claims to make. POS thats why they are cheap.

Get a used quality amp. Like they told you for a few bucks more you can get quality gear..that at the end of the day might be rated at 1200w or 1500w...but will(more than likely) do more power CLEAN than the audipcrap amp.

just my .02 before I get flamed by the AP nuthuggers.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

X

amp didn't go up in smoke amp clipped the sound and the subs went up in smoke. and I did say for budget the amp isn't terrible but it doesn't SAFELY do rated either, if it does get rated it would still be clipping like crazy which will fuck the shit out of the subs no matter what brand the subs are but especially if you're already over powering the subs as it is and then you also clip them on top of that. from my experience probably much higher than 1/2 - 2/3 power and that amp will start to clip the signal

Is this really happening? The gain knob isnt a volume button.. of course it wrecked your subs..

yep... ik this NOW lol this is something that happened to me 2 years ago when I first started. I was just going over it and explaining best what I can figure happened for the sake of those that are thinking that audiopipe is a good idea lol

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Lol patrolling.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

HMMM I guess if a million people from India told me that Hindu music is better than dubstep

and dubstep was crap I guess I'll believe them because it was by word of mouth. Wow!!!!

There are a very few amps that does it maximum power continuously, what makes AP so different?

Oh I get it AP should called it AP1200.

The dude clearly stated that he will be upgrading at a later date. What's wrong with getting a CLEAN 1100 watts

for 100 bucks. Say what you will but the bargain will never be beat for a new amp.

MY BUILD LOG>>>> NAH I BETTER NOT..

Archived