Sundown Audio

Actual output of Soundstream Tarantula amps.

KickerKid58

If I have sufficient electrical does anyone think I can get a solid 2k rms out of the TX1.2600D? I know these amps aren't CEA compliant but from what I have read it still seems like they aren't too bad. Just looking into some other amp options if I can't save enough money to get something nicer :shrug:

Depending on what subs I end up getting, the option would include

2 of the 2600D's (would hope for ~4-4.5k)

or 2 of the 2000D's (would hope for ~3-3.5k)

Just curious to hear a few experiences.

Thanks!

-Andrew

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

Unless soundstream quality went down they are a very very good company to go with. Make good amps and subs! If you are trying to pull that much power i would def say you're gonna need a few extra batteries and a h/o alt.. But as long as you have that i dont see any reason you cant get them to do rated power.

Unless soundstream quality went down they are a very very good company to go with. Make good amps and subs! If you are trying to pull that much power i would def say you're gonna need a few extra batteries and a h/o alt.. But as long as you have that i dont see any reason you cant get them to do rated power.

It did.

The amps probably will be able to produce 2k per 2600, that sounds realistic. (but I wouldn't recommend Soundstream because i've seen quite a lot of them die.)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Would it be a better idea to look into the older rubicon series? Even though they are older I think the price is still comparable or higher than the tarantula series

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

I would suggest the Rubicon's over the Tarantula series. I was trying to decide between the TX1.2600 and the Rub1.2500D and after reading a rediculous amount of reviews and opinions as well as checking both amps out in person, I ordered the Rubicon yesterday with plans for at least one more in the coming weeks. I was also able to find the Rubicon cheaper, from an authorized dealer, online too.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

I had a rubicon for a small amount of time never wired it up before I sold it...but the thing felt beefy..had some weight behind it and guts didn't look bad imo...theres pics on here somehwere I think.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

I would suggest the Rubicon's over the Tarantula series. I was trying to decide between the TX1.2600 and the Rub1.2500D and after reading a rediculous amount of reviews and opinions as well as checking both amps out in person, I ordered the Rubicon yesterday with plans for at least one more in the coming weeks. I was also able to find the Rubicon cheaper, from an authorized dealer, online too.

I had a rubicon for a small amount of time never wired it up before I sold it...but the thing felt beefy..had some weight behind it and guts didn't look bad imo...theres pics on here somehwere I think.

Alright thanks guys appreciate it :good:

I just really want to get this system fully powered this summer and the budget is gonna be tightt. Gonna be working my ass off haha

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

PM Sent

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Archived