'13 Subaru BRZ HCCA/AQ2200/Fiberglass

Alright so a lot of work summed up in a few pictures. I was on a deadline to be back at school today, which I didnt make.

I trimmed all the sides/port, laid some more fiberglass inside for the port areas, and finished up the rest of the front piece

20130302_185444.jpg

20130302_184939.jpg

drilled for the tnuts and installed tnuts

20130302_205709.jpg
and, in the car. I have played it, but only very quietly because I got it in at 2am while everyone was sleeping. Seems like it will go very low, which makes me happy.
20130303_031947.jpg

The sad part is my week is now up. There is more to come (since no one asked what the other roll was in my materials picture, insert carbon fiber trim panel here) however it will not be for about a month. However, I will in the next couple days be oscoping the gains and then getting some vids of it playing, and I will certainly post them here.

That was the tiniest port seen to date on a HCCA :o

Yes it is smaller than I would like but for my use I figure a small port tuned low is better than a larger port tuned higher. I'm not going for numbers here. if I end up not liking it ill change it up a bit

Here have a video:

After a bit of time with the box, I am pretty happy with it. It definitely goes low and has great range. I haven't yet found anything I listen to that it doesn't handle well. Obviously I have some electrical issues if I want to be as loud as possible, However, for the goals I have, I am perfectly happy with how loud it gets. I haven't had this car for long and I don't want panels falling off a year from now.

I will update this thread when I get back on break and can clean up this install some more. Maybe ill throw a 925 in the back or something, lol.

• 2 months later...

Love the sub man. Had one of the earlier silver ones and loved it then. They can handle quite a beating. Had mine in a box around 2.75cf after displacement tuned to around 33-34hz on an American bass 450.1 and it took it like a champ.

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg