ShanTurnProductions Posted February 26, 2013 Report Posted February 26, 2013 Greetings everyone, Ok so I have a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T, i'm currently making plans to build a pretty elaborate system in the near future. There are some pretty nice 6.5 components I plan on getting rated at 150 watts RMS per set. My Charger has speakers in the dash, all doors, and rear deck. I want to put a set in the dash, a set in the kicks, two sets per door, and two sets in the rear deck. That's 16 midbass and 16 tweets (yes some may say overkill, but overkill is under-rated in my opinion ), So my question is if each set is rated at 150 watts and I want to do this right, that means I'm going to need 4-4 channel amps that are stable a 2ohms per channel? 2 amps would take of the mids and the other 2 would take care of the tweets. Right??? P.S.- If I incorporate a pair of 3sixty.3's, would I have to use the crossovers that are provided with the components? Any knowledgable response is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Skullz Posted February 26, 2013 Report Posted February 26, 2013 Really depends on the speakers you choose as they may be of the 4 ohm 2 ohm variety, once you pick the speakers of your choice then you'll want to get an amplifier capable of powering all the speaker. Depending on if you go active or keep and use the passive crossovers will dictate how many what kind of amplifies to use, IE a number of 2ch or 4ch amp to power the sets with. The least expensive route may be to run 2 Crescendo C1600.2's bridged per channel, meaning one amp per side in bridged mode giving you 800w for each sets of comps you run. It is extreme overkill and you don't have the ability to fade front and rear but in my view running single channels per side removes all of the trouble spots that multi channels have in getting a nice balance from front to back. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
ShanTurnProductions Posted February 26, 2013 Author Report Posted February 26, 2013 @Skullz Thanks for your input, The components I'm looking at, specs state they are 4 ohms. I'm assuming 4 ohms for the mid bass and 4 ohms for the tweets. So going with the example you gave, that 800 watts would be evenly distribute over the speakers connected to that channel (e.g. 8-4 ohm speakers wired series/parallel to 2 ohms= 100 watts per speaker). So with the configuration of 32 individual speakers, I would need 4-2 channels amps, bridgeable, 2 ohm stable @1400-2000 watts. 2 for the mid bass and 2 for the tweeters? Sorry for the noob questions, It's been years since I've messed around in mobile audio.
Mikey Bates Posted February 26, 2013 Report Posted February 26, 2013 Instead of a 1600.2 why not a 1100.4? You can run two sets per channel at 2ohms so you can run it all off that amp 300rms per channel matches so called components and you would lose left right or fader
Mikey Bates Posted February 26, 2013 Report Posted February 26, 2013 Sorry you would still need two... And why do you need so many anyways, you don't have any bass to keep up with lol. That much power to mids and highs.....
Skullz Posted February 26, 2013 Report Posted February 26, 2013 The example i gave included using the passive crossovers with the sets in front wired in series and the rears wired in series and then paralleled down to the 4 ohm load, now in doing that you don't have anything to complicate things like an active crossover and the serious amount of wiring you'll need to buy to wire that monstrous octopus together if you were to go active. It's just a way to keep things as simple as you can. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
ShanTurnProductions Posted February 26, 2013 Author Report Posted February 26, 2013 @Mike Bates That's food for thought. As far as keeping up with the bass, I plan on getting a pair of dc level 5 12's fully loaded ported box sealed from the trunk tune at about 30hz-34hz. I would like to go with 15's but I don't think they would fit in my trunk with the other crap. Yes, 32 speakers is probably is a bit overkill. So I may tone it down depending on total cost of gear. I just always want to do full blown system without pulling any stops.
ShanTurnProductions Posted February 26, 2013 Author Report Posted February 26, 2013 @Skulls Say I go with a digital processor like a 3sixty.3, then I wouldn't have to deal with any of the crossovers that comes with the speakers. Just signal from the source unit goes into the 3sixty.3 and the appropriate signals from the 3sixty.3 goes to the amps accordingly.
ShanTurnProductions Posted February 26, 2013 Author Report Posted February 26, 2013 Thanks for everyones input. I think I've got enuff info to make the best buying decision
bcbrassard Posted February 27, 2013 Report Posted February 27, 2013 Sounds like your plan to have a killer system is good, just do as much research as possible for your build. Listen to these guys on these forums, they have great ideas and know what there talking about. I have learned tons on here. Good luck & rock on!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.