The car peaks at 46HZ. Now what?

srool

• 2 weeks later...

Its a trunk build, the seats does not fold so I would get them out :)

I guess mhart is right and my best shot is building several diameters external aeroports and shrink them until I get the best result.

Now I just need to wait for the the subwoofers.

Its a trunk build, the seats does not fold so I would get them out :)

I guess mhart is right and my best shot is building several diameters external aeroports and shrink them until I get the best result.

Now I just need to wait for the the subwoofers.

yeah the best way is with testing. if your resonant is 46hz and your using round ports try at 36hz with around 10" of port per cuft. then raise the tuning to about 38hz with about the same port area. then go up t 40hz. keep doing that until you don't gain anything. after you find a good spot to tune at try having less and more port area with the same tuning freq. more port area should make is peakier around the tuning freq while less port area should give it a wider freq range.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

That 8-12 SQ per cubic feet on aeros it´s garbage if you are looking to build for SPL, just try a few aeros out , test test and test ;)

P.S: I´m using 42 SQ per cubic feet , single 6" aero for a 8" subwoofer and i´m doing GREAT, port size depends mostly on the sub, not the box size ;)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

• 3 months later...

That 8-12 SQ per cubic feet on aeros it´s garbage if you are looking to build for SPL, just try a few aeros out , test test and test ;)

P.S: I´m using 42 SQ per cubic feet , single 6" aero for a 8" subwoofer and i´m doing GREAT, port size depends mostly on the sub, not the box size ;)

damnnnnnn!!!!

87 Caprice twin-turbo 6.0

2 DC 15 xl's

Sundown 3k

96 Volvo 850r

3 15's on 9k - no wall

154.3db legal

www.youtube.com/boostdoctor

www.facebook.com/boostdoctor

from what ive learned in recent searches is that port area is more dependent on the amount of air a sub can move then the box size itself. want to keep it with in x amount of port velocity to prevent port noise. still learning on the port velocity thing though.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

What should I look for in a sub if I'm after big big port area?

87 Caprice twin-turbo 6.0

2 DC 15 xl's

Sundown 3k

96 Volvo 850r

3 15's on 9k - no wall

154.3db legal

www.youtube.com/boostdoctor

www.facebook.com/boostdoctor

from what ive learned in recent searches is that port area is more dependent on the amount of air a sub can move then the box size itself. want to keep it with in x amount of port velocity to prevent port noise. still learning on the port velocity thing though.

Im running a P-area that most people on this forum would laugh at...

Meh.. may work. may not... well see...

Archived