Lets talk about WHEEL SPACERS... thoughts? discuss?

Is there "going to far" ?

What to look out for?

What to keep in mind when buying?

All that good stuff..

I want my rims/tires to get closer to the body panels... I dont want safety issues. What is TOO much?

Also, there are some pretty big differences in prices...

Im wanting about 2" pushed out in the rear, and maybe 1" in the front... something like that...

IMG_1636_zps44161fcd.jpg

Thoughts? And thank you in advance...

hubcentric wheel adapters........much safer and better for the car than simply sticking spacer rings in there...2" is quite a bit I don't have an extreme amount of experience with them but I'm sure people who have will give you some input

Oh dude,.. thank you!!..

There are HUBCENTRIC ones out there, that cost more....

Can you explain more???

I love mine, I have 25mm in the back. 1inch I think??? I've done a retarded amount of research on it because so many people say theyre bad...but never run them. And people who run them have no complains as long as theyre hubcentric and has studs.

Get something like Ichiba, hubcentric, and with studs.

I do however think 2 inches may be a little too much, personally, maybe 1.5 back 1 in the front :D

IE: Ichiba.jpg

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Cool..

I know of people that run them. And run them forever.

I DO NOT know the breaking point.

Thanks man... I know they are safe, if done safe. Like anything...

What i wanted to hear...

yessir also just FYI if you do get a smaller size IE 20mm make sure your wheels have spaces for the bolts.

kinda hard to explain but when you attach a spacer you use the existing studs to hold it in place and you use bolts to bolt it in. If the spacer isnt that big or your studs are large, then they will stick out past the spacer, so your wheel will not sit flush unless it has a gap, luckily mine did and many do.

if it does not have a gap, you can cut/grind/saw off the lug at the bolt, or get new studs that are shorter

Scion tC SQ Build

hubcentric wheel adapters........much safer and better for the car than simply sticking spacer rings in there...2" is quite a bit I don't have an extreme amount of experience with them but I'm sure people who have will give you some input

Oh dude,.. thank you!!..

Can you explain more???

well the thing that's best about hubcentric is that instead of just putting a spacer ring on and making less room for the lugnut to have on the wheel stud, a hubcentric wheel adapter actually extends the studs out so that the lugs can still have enough to screw on too. They also keep the wheel perfectly centered. With the hubcentrics you also won't get the nasty vibrations that non hubcentric spacer rings will give you...Not to mention that that lack of stud length for the lugnut is unsafe

Oh dude,.. thank you!!..

Can you explain more???

well the thing that's best about hubcentric is that instead of just putting a spacer ring on and making less room for the lugnut to have on the wheel stud, a hubcentric wheel adapter actually extends the studs out so that the lugs can still have enough to screw on too. They also keep the wheel perfectly centered. With the hubcentrics you also won't get the nasty vibrations that non hubcentric spacer rings will give you...Not to mention that that lack of stud length for the lugnut is unsafe

"hubcentric" means it has the center piece on the spacer. So it fits on your hub perfectly instead of being held on solely by the studs. There are spacers with studs and no hubcentric machines center

Scion tC SQ Build

Archived