engine knocking like crazy. do i have a claim?

Same thing happened to my Honda when i bought it. It is normal, until it gets warmed up. Then all hell breaks loose. Eating water / coolant. Shaking, running on 2/4 cylinders. Just to find out, when they did it, they didn't torque all the head bolts down, leading to a blown head gasket, and 1 1/2 steam cleaned pistons LOL.

I can't exactly answer the driving part, each vehicle is different. We drove my car across town with a blown head gasket, on only water. Sooo. If you can afford, have it towed. Will save you troubles, cause if you drive it, and it over heats, thats more shit you gotta replace.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

i mean a misfire is one thing. a bad gasket or block is quite another..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

i mean a misfire is one thing. a bad gasket or block is quite another..

Edit: reread your post.

a misfire could have occured due to a loss in compression. ie blown gasket.

regardless a misfire is not gonna cause youre coolant temperature to skyrocket.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

i kinda gotta figure this out on the fly.. like bright and early tom am. so idk what to do.. and if it is a blown gasket what will it run you think? I know its a labor intensive job, but honestly the car isnt worth a 2500 repair..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

i kinda gotta figure this out on the fly.. like bright and early tom am. so idk what to do.. and if it is a blown gasket what will it run you think? I know its a labor intensive job, but honestly the car isnt worth a 2500 repair..

it depends.. each car is different. if you look up the labor time involved in a job like that for your car you can probably get a good idea. some cars could only take 5 hours some could take 12

if you can find out the time then just multiply that by the labor rates at a shop. youll have somewhat an idea what itll cost to replace a 30 dollar part

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

ok well thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

ok well thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

good luck. id check around the heads and see if youre leaking anything at all.. its a long shot because headgaskets dont normally blow like that.. most of the time its a crack into a cylinder. but if you get lucky at least youll know for sure.

to check for coolant leaks use baby powder around a suspected area and if the baby powder is wet or is removed by the coolant youll localize the leak.

i mean ill just try to find a shop tom morning. either it wont be too bad or ill be looking for a cheap set of wheels.. praying for the former

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

http://www.amazon.com/Bars-Leaks-1111-Head-Gasket/dp/B0036VRQ70/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362123659&sr=8-1&keywords=head+gasket

If it is a head gasket and you are thinking of junking it anyways, I would try this. I've heard really good things about it and bad things about it but its worth a try as a last resort.

Here's another one, not sure on the difference..

http://www.amazon.com/BlueDevil-Pour-N-Go-Head-Gasket-Sealer/dp/B004500M8G/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1362123659&sr=8-10&keywords=head+gasket

2012 Jeep Wrangler 3.6 W/ 6 Speed

Build Log

2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2

Build Log

YouTube

get a compression tester, solve the mystery in about 30 minutes.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived