coolant loss through the resivoir

the other day I added water and oil to my truck, was running great. after adding those 2 i started it up and it was running very poorly, like it wasnt running on all 4 cylinders. easy way to say how it sounded was a lawnmower running. smoked blue for bout 10 minutes then ran good, noticed water was coming out of the resivoir tank and the temp gauge has gone up just past 1/4 way. never any higher.

since feburary i have replaced head gasket, ( made sure to torque the head bolts after running it and cooling it a few times), thermostat, radiatior cap, hoses, heater core. recently had the radiator fixed due to a leak. not sure what is going on. no water in the oil or oil pan and no oil in the water/coolant. plugs are foulded i am sure, will be checking in the morning. hope it isnt a head gasket or head/block.

the other day I added water and oil to my truck, was running great. after adding those 2 i started it up and it was running very poorly, like it wasnt running on all 4 cylinders. easy way to say how it sounded was a lawnmower running. smoked blue for bout 10 minutes then ran good, noticed water was coming out of the resivoir tank and the temp gauge has gone up just past 1/4 way. never any higher.

since feburary i have replaced head gasket, ( made sure to torque the head bolts after running it and cooling it a few times), thermostat, radiatior cap, hoses, heater core. recently had the radiator fixed due to a leak. not sure what is going on. no water in the oil or oil pan and no oil in the water/coolant. plugs are foulded i am sure, will be checking in the morning. hope it isnt a head gasket or head/block.

blue smoke means your burning oil, and when you say losing water from the resivoir is it actually like filling up and spilling?

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

• 2 weeks later...

you are using distilled water correct? water from the faucet will rust an iron block

it is possible your thermostat maybe be sticking

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

• 2 weeks later...

Like the other poster stated, you are burning oil when you have blue smoke. You say you replaced the head gasket. Did you replace it 'cause of it being blown? Did you have the head pressure tested and checked for clearance? If not you should have done so. to me your problem sounds like worn valve guide seals in your head, for the blue smoke. Also for the coolant overflowing, it sounds like you didn't burp the air out of your cooling system.

Archived