How many batts do you run on 6k?

Going to run a BC 5500 with 12volt batteries. the electrical upgrades i have are a 240 amp singer alt, big 3, and 0awg wiring. Compared to my upgrades, I'm basically just wondering how many batteries you guys run OR would run on roughly 6k? Also what brand of battery? I'm just trying to collect some advice/info for my upcoming build! :) -Thanks

depends on what 6k tbh. if its true 6k then at least 3-4 group 31s seems to be typical. moar is better obviously. XS power makes a good bat. Odyssey bats are really good.

Deka itimidators are cheaper. just about any agm will do.

Id say at least 4 beefy batts. based on the average battery..

if you went like odyssey 2250s or something i mean 2 would be fine but thats not very average batts..

oh just saw the bc5500. yea Id say at least 4 big batts

there was a great link from ed about electrical system req. it was by far the best "guide" i ever came across, but i cant find it atm

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

depends on what 6k tbh. if its true 6k then at least 3-4 group 31s seems to be typical. moar is better obviously. XS power makes a good bat. Odyssey bats are really good.

Deka itimidators are cheaper. just about any agm will do.

Id say at least 4 beefy batts. based on the average battery..

if you went like odyssey 2250s or something i mean 2 would be fine but thats not very average batts..

oh just saw the bc5500. yea Id say at least 4 big batts

there was a great link from ed about electrical system req. it was by far the best "guide" i ever came across, but i cant find it atm

I was hoping you caught that ! haha and thanks for the info. im familiar with Xs ( i own a D3400) but was looking for some other comparable options for a "lower pirce" lol ive heard good things about deka too, maybe ill try them :)

there it is, thanks man. His post puts it nice and clearly. people do it with less all the time, but if anyone knows his stuff its ed :P

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

i called it on the 4 batts, ima beast lol jk

anyway its a short little post but it puts you in the right mind frame when designing your electrical support system. and if nothing else just makes sense of all the gray area oh thisll work or thatll work hearsay. this is how it works, this is how you figure it out. one of the best like 3 min ive read in awhile.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

i called it on the 4 batts, ima beast lol jk

anyway its a short little post but it puts you in the right mind frame when designing your electrical support system. and if nothing else just makes sense of all the gray area oh thisll work or thatll work hearsay. this is how it works, this is how you figure it out. one of the best like 3 min ive read in awhile.

i Just took a quick glance at the thread and figured for me to actually understand it, ill have to sit down and carfully read :P

Archived