Second Skin Audio

Good subwoofer package?

I have a friend who is looking for a good subwoofer + amp combo, Shes wants a sub pre-loaded in a box and an separate amp that can give it rated rms, I'm guessing she wants something simple so nothing to extreme. She likes main brand stuff like Kicker, JL, Alpine ect, She wants two 12' with about 400-700 RMS going to each subwoofer, Again nothing crazy. I'm thinking that because she likes main brand subs that she would like maybe perhaps Kicker L whatevers or JL 3v3s in their normal box which is the sealed box. Something that wont break the bank would be perfect. I'm thinking prefab is good for her. I'm just looking for some opinions, Budget is about 400-500 for both subs and amp. Wiring is already installed from previous subs that blew.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34873_Rockford-Fosgate-P2-2X12-11P2-2X12.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34764_Rockford-Fosgate-R1200-1D.html

if you hunt around you get the rf p700 amp and same subs as ^ for 500 flat

but if you can stretch up to 550 idd get the p1000 and dual p2 enclosure

Unfortunately the sub package is out of stock. I've never really heard anything Rockford Fosgate before so I cant say much about how it sounds to her.

Or the Kicker package http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29601_1000W-Complete-MB-Quart-Kicker-Bass-Package.html. Look arround on the sites of SE, Audiosavings,

Crutchfield, and so on.

Crutchfield is a little to expensive I think, Are the Kicker "L" series better than the comp or crvs? She just wants quality sound and something that is loud.`

all i can say if you want like this

is dont buy a prefab and sub and build yourself or a package setup buy the shop, buy a box and sub built from the mainfactor,

and go ported not sealed if you can

I think a prefab would be good for her honestly because she has not heard what a custom built box for subs sound like, She has never heard my second setup when I had my SPG in the G-Tuned Sealed box. The only shop around where I live thats worth buying from wants 600+ on 2 JL 3v3's in their factory sealed box, thats with out the amp. Seems like online would be my only route.

Build her a box manee!

I would and it would be long lasting as a friendship remembrance if I built her a box for some subs, But I am moving down to TN in 3 weeks and I have already moved all my tools down to TN. Non of my friends has any tools to be sufficient to build a box.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34873_Rockford-Fosgate-P2-2X12-11P2-2X12.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34764_Rockford-Fosgate-R1200-1D.html

if you hunt around you get the rf p700 amp and same subs as ^ for 500 flat

but if you can stretch up to 550 idd get the p1000 and dual p2 enclosure

Unfortunately the sub package is out of stock. I've never really heard anything Rockford Fosgate before so I cant say much about how it sounds to her.

>Or the Kicker package http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_29601_1000W-Complete-MB-Quart-Kicker-Bass-Package.html. Look arround on the sites of SE, Audiosavings,

Crutchfield, and so on.

Crutchfield is a little to expensive I think, Are the Kicker "L" series better than the comp or crvs? She just wants quality sound and something that is loud.`

all i can say if you want like this

is dont buy a prefab and sub and build yourself or a package setup buy the shop, buy a box and sub built from the mainfactor,

and go ported not sealed if you can

I think a prefab would be good for her honestly because she has not heard what a custom built box for subs sound like, She has never heard my second setup when I had my SPG in the G-Tuned Sealed box. The only shop around where I live thats worth buying from wants 600+ on 2 JL 3v3's in their factory sealed box, thats with out the amp. Seems like online would be my only route.

Build her a box manee!

I would and it would be long lasting as a friendship remembrance if I built her a box for some subs, But I am moving down to TN in 3 weeks and I have already moved all my tools down to TN. Non of my friends has any tools to be sufficient to build a box.

The CVR´s are under the L series. Could be that Crutchfield is expensive, idk im from Germany i coun´t only vew names where you can search. Up to you to use a searchengine

or pricefinder, to find something for the given low budget, by the goals you give. . I see you have 350 post´s and surly you know, the absolut most we know to prefab boxes is "hell no,

build your own".

On your side i would go with 2 Sundown E 12´s or have a look in this Skar blowoutsale

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160466-skar-audio-ivxv1-blowout-sale/#entry2347202 maby Skar have 2 IVX 12´s D4 left, buy a SQ (before AQ) 750 or other

well known near 1 K amp, buy a sheet MDF and build a nice box.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

I know that prefab boxes are a no go lol. But I figure that shes kinda new to audio, I didn't think that it was matter much. But I now figure that she should go with a full blown experience of custom car audio. The only problem is that the only place that can build a box is damn expensive If I could I would build her a box but I do not have the tools currently on hand. I've also never heard of Sundown E series in person so I cant comment on how they sound should she ask me.

I'm actually looking for someone who is selling used subs and an amp that would be good already in a box but that seems like it wont happen while I'm here in CT.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I know that prefab boxes are a no go lol. But I figure that shes kinda new to audio, I didn't think that it was matter much. But I now figure that she should go with a full blown experience of custom car audio. The only problem is that the only place that can build a box is damn expensive If I could I would build her a box but I do not have the tools currently on hand. I've also never heard of Sundown E series in person so I cant comment on how they sound should she ask me.

I'm actually looking for someone who is selling used subs and an amp that would be good already in a box but that seems like it wont happen while I'm here in CT.

Forum users are amazed about the E series have a look on the Sundownsite. And good luck to find something used.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Archived